    This is very strange and not good support from Panasonic .

    Pete
    , Jan 2, 2012

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 camera from 2007/2008 . But I can't
    > find the latest firmware or any software whatsoever for it .
    >
    > I have looked on the web to no avail .
    >
    > How can I update the firware to more than what came in the box when I
    > bought it ?
    >
    > Can anyone help ?
    >
    > This is very strange and not good support from Panasonic .
    >

    > Pete

    What version firmware do you have, Pete? Mine had 1.0.A (1.0.16). What
    is updated in later versions I'm unsure, although 1.0.D fixed printing the
    date, I read.

    A version check is described here:
    http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/download.php?id=344530

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Jan 2, 2012

  3. Bruce Guest

    wrote:
    > I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 camera from 2007/2008 . But I can't
    > find the latest firmware or any software whatsoever for it .
    > I have looked on the web to no avail .
    > How can I update the firware to more than what came in the box when

    > bought it ?
    > Can anyone help ?
    > This is very strange and not good support from Panasonic.

    As far as I am aware, Panasonic has never needed to release updated
    firmware for the TZ3.

    You can find an instruction manual for free download by searching on
    the web.
    Bruce, Jan 2, 2012
  4. Ray Fischer Guest

    <> wrote:
    >I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 camera from 2007/2008 . But I can't
    >find the latest firmware or any software whatsoever for it .
    >
    >I have looked on the web to no avail .
    >
    >How can I update the firware to more than what came in the box when I
    >bought it ?
    >
    >Can anyone help ?
    >
    >This is very strange and not good support from Panasonic .

    You're right - this is very strange. Panasonic normally puts ample
    information on their web sites for their products, but the DMC-TZ3
    is completely absent. It may be that the DMC-TZ3 label was limited
    and has an equivalent with a different label.

    I'd suggest contacting them directly:
    http://shop.panasonic.com/panasonic/support/contact-us

    --
    Ray Fischer | None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
    Ray Fischer, Jan 2, 2012
  5. Guest

    UPDATE :

    I wrote Panasonic and got this reply today :

    Dear Peter,

    Thank you for taking the time to contact Panasonic with your enquiry.

    For a possible fault with the unit to be diagnosed and repaired, it
    will need to be looked at by a Panasonic Service Centre.
    Please use the link below to locate your nearest Authorised Service
    Centre:
    http://www.panasonic.com.......////

    A firmware update is not available for TZ3, It had not had any issues
    requiring a update.

    Kind Regards,
    Gavin

    MY NOTES:

    I think this is still strange because the above poster does mention
    that there were some updates or versions of the firmware.

    Also , since I am repurchasing accessories which I lost(e.g. the
    undrewater casing) I wonder whether it's worth it ?
    note : I lost all accessories except the camera itself -- I have not
    battery , no recharger .So, I'm geting them all again from Panasonic
    direct .

    Any advice ?

    Peter

    On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 20:44:34 +1100, wrote:

    >I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 camera from 2007/2008 . But I can't
    >find the latest firmware or any software whatsoever for it .
    >
    >I have looked on the web to no avail .
    >
    >How can I update the firware to more than what came in the box when I
    >bought it ?
    >
    >Can anyone help ?
    >
    >This is very strange and not good support from Panasonic .
    >

    >Pete
    , Jan 4, 2012
  6. <> wrote in message
    > UPDATE :

    []
    > Also , since I am repurchasing accessories which I lost(e.g. the
    > undrewater casing) I wonder whether it's worth it ?
    > note : I lost all accessories except the camera itself -- I have not
    > battery , no recharger .So, I'm geting them all again from Panasonic
    > direct .
    >
    > Any advice ?
    >
    > Peter

    As that camera is now quite old, how much would you lose by starting from
    scratch with a newer model? Buying a battery and charger from Panasonic
    would not be cheap.

    David
    David J Taylor, Jan 4, 2012
  7. Guest

    Hi David ,

    The T3 cost me about $385 .So , I am doing my sums trying to see if
    its worth it . I don't want to write it off . I found a cheap new
    underwater casing by Panasonic for the camera and other cheap new
    accessories so I can use it as back up .

    But the compact I really want is the Sony NEX-7 ( but until Sony fixes
    that flooded factory in Bangkok the prices will by too high (see eBay
    for example)..

    I have a lot of alpha mount lenses from my Minolta days that I plan to
    use on the Sony a900(when I get it) and on the NEX-7 using an alpha to
    e-mount adapter for my alpha lenses .

    But I really like the underwater accessories that the Panasonic
    compacts have too .

    The way things are going , thanks to Moore's Law , I'll be updating my
    cameras every 5 years :)

    I wonder if Sony is planning a successor to the A900 ?

    Best ,

    Peter

    On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 08:40:36 -0000, "David J Taylor"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> UPDATE :

    >[]
    >> Also , since I am repurchasing accessories which I lost(e.g. the
    >> undrewater casing) I wonder whether it's worth it ?
    >> note : I lost all accessories except the camera itself -- I have not
    >> battery , no recharger .So, I'm geting them all again from Panasonic
    >> direct .
    >>
    >> Any advice ?
    >>
    >> Peter

    >As that camera is now quite old, how much would you lose by starting from
    >scratch with a newer model? Buying a battery and charger from Panasonic
    >would not be cheap.
    >
    >David
    , Jan 4, 2012
  8. <> wrote in message
    > Hi David ,
    >
    > The T3 cost me about $385 .So , I am doing my sums trying to see if
    > its worth it . I don't want to write it off . I found a cheap new
    > underwater casing by Panasonic for the camera and other cheap new
    > accessories so I can use it as back up .

    Excellent in that role, and as a compact. Newer models may well be
    better, but if you've located the bits you need, that's an excellent
    start. As the TZ3 was a popular camera, there may be quite few available
    second-hand when their owners upgraded. I would try and buy recently
    manufactured batteries, though.

    > But the compact I really want is the Sony NEX-7 ( but until Sony fixes
    > that flooded factory in Bangkok the prices will by too high (see eBay
    > for example)..
    >
    > I have a lot of alpha mount lenses from my Minolta days that I plan to
    > use on the Sony a900(when I get it) and on the NEX-7 using an alpha to
    > e-mount adapter for my alpha lenses .
    >
    > But I really like the underwater accessories that the Panasonic
    > compacts have too .
    >
    > The way things are going , thanks to Moore's Law , I'll be updating my
    > cameras every 5 years :)

    []
    > Best ,
    >
    > Peter

    You're lucky it isn't every two years! I like the idea of the NEX-7, but
    I've never held one. Somehow, using older and bigger than necessary
    lenses, particularly with an adapter making the package even bigger,
    defeats much of the "compact" appeal. Were I going to get something
    compact, it would more likely be micro-four-thirds.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Jan 4, 2012
  9. J. Clarke Guest

    In article <jds1r8$d20$>, david-
    d says...

    > <> wrote in message
    > > I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 camera from 2007/2008 . But I can't
    > > find the latest firmware or any software whatsoever for it .
    > >
    > > I have looked on the web to no avail .
    > >
    > > How can I update the firware to more than what came in the box when I
    > > bought it ?
    > >
    > > Can anyone help ?
    > >
    > > This is very strange and not good support from Panasonic .
    > >

    > > Pete

    > What version firmware do you have, Pete? Mine had 1.0.A (1.0.16). What
    > is updated in later versions I'm unsure, although 1.0.D fixed printing the
    > date, I read.
    >
    > A version check is described here:
    > http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/download.php?id=344530

    FWIW, the 1.0d firmware (for some version and some market) can be
    downloaded from
    <http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vSupportDownloadDet
    ail?storeId=15001&idval=UCM_STG_CNT_032448> until Panasonic decides to
    pull it. And don't ask me how I found that--it doesn't seem to be
    accessible from the Panasonic main page.
    J. Clarke, Jan 6, 2012
  10. Guest

    David wrote :

    > I would try and buy recently
    >manufactured batteries, though.

    Is this what you mean or another battery ?

    http://is.gd/ibm2YT

    Peter

    On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 15:19:44 -0000, "David J Taylor"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Hi David ,
    >>
    >> The T3 cost me about $385 .So , I am doing my sums trying to see if
    >> its worth it . I don't want to write it off . I found a cheap new
    >> underwater casing by Panasonic for the camera and other cheap new
    >> accessories so I can use it as back up .

    >Excellent in that role, and as a compact. Newer models may well be
    >better, but if you've located the bits you need, that's an excellent
    >start. As the TZ3 was a popular camera, there may be quite few available
    >second-hand when their owners upgraded. I would try and buy recently
    >manufactured batteries, though.
    >
    >> But the compact I really want is the Sony NEX-7 ( but until Sony fixes
    >> that flooded factory in Bangkok the prices will by too high (see eBay
    >> for example)..
    >>
    >> I have a lot of alpha mount lenses from my Minolta days that I plan to
    >> use on the Sony a900(when I get it) and on the NEX-7 using an alpha to
    >> e-mount adapter for my alpha lenses .
    >>
    >> But I really like the underwater accessories that the Panasonic
    >> compacts have too .
    >>
    >> The way things are going , thanks to Moore's Law , I'll be updating my
    >> cameras every 5 years :)

    >[]
    >> Best ,
    >>
    >> Peter

    >You're lucky it isn't every two years! I like the idea of the NEX-7, but
    >I've never held one. Somehow, using older and bigger than necessary
    >lenses, particularly with an adapter making the package even bigger,
    >defeats much of the "compact" appeal. Were I going to get something
    >compact, it would more likely be micro-four-thirds.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >David
    , Jan 6, 2012
  11. <> wrote in message

    > David wrote :
    >
    >> I would try and buy recently
    >>manufactured batteries, though.

    > Is this what you mean or another battery ?
    >

    > http://is.gd/ibm2YT
    >

    > Peter

    Peter,

    I mean that you should try to find a battery which has been manufactured
    recently, and not one which has been sitting in a warehouse for a couple
    of years.

    Personally, I would buy a lower-priced 3rd party battery, as I consider
    the Panasonic over-priced, but from a reputable source - in the UK
    perhaps:

    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=103522

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Jan 6, 2012
  12. Guest

    Hi David,

    Thanks for the link !

    Best ,

    Peter

    On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 08:46:45 -0000, "David J Taylor"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >>
    >> David wrote :
    >>
    >>> I would try and buy recently
    >>>manufactured batteries, though.

    >> Is this what you mean or another battery ?
    >>

    >> http://is.gd/ibm2YT
    >>

    >> Peter

    >Peter,
    >
    >I mean that you should try to find a battery which has been manufactured
    >recently, and not one which has been sitting in a warehouse for a couple
    >of years.
    >
    >Personally, I would buy a lower-priced 3rd party battery, as I consider
    >the Panasonic over-priced, but from a reputable source - in the UK
    >perhaps:
    >
    > http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=103522
    >
    >Cheers,
    >David