    appreciate your help greatly.
    Thanks
    CB
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcyBCZW5hZmllbGQ=?=, Dec 4, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcyBCZW5hZmllbGQ=?=

    LRM Guest

    Answers inline

    "Charles Benafield" <Charles > wrote in
    message news:...
    >I would like to be able to store my email on my pc. The server has limits
    >on
    > the mailbox size which I am exceeding on a daily basis.

    Limits are necessary, and you should respect that everyone needs to use the
    exchange server.

    >IT is rarely around
    > and are really quite busy. No doubt they are answering mail like this.

    Possibly, but you will need to work with them to get what you want in this
    case.

    > The server is 2003. My software is XP Tablet Edition and Office for
    > Students.
    > Web Express will allow me to create, delete, and move inside of it. I have
    > been unable to relocate my saved mail folder to my local drive.

    Web express is an HTML editor. Are you talking about Outlook Web Access? If
    so, you will not be able to move mail from there into a .pst file.

    > I did read in the help section of Web Express concerning folders that Web
    > Express will not allow you to move public folders in or a folder out to
    > Public Folders.

    How rare a thing is this that a user has read the help section. That is the
    only reason I am replying to your post.
    And you are correct. You would need permissions to create an email enabled
    public folder and would then need to forward your mail to it. Note there are
    likely size limits on those as well.

    > Perhaps this is the answer staring me in the face straight
    > up, meaning no I can't, and my limited software experience is just plain
    > missing the point.
    >
    > So if anyone knows the answer or can give me a bearing to follow I would
    > appreciate your help greatly.

    The best thing to do is contact your IT department. While you are waiting
    for them to get back to you:
    clear your sent items folder of all unessary sent items, empty your deleted
    itmes folder. Save attachments to your local computer and if possible delete
    the email that has the attachments after saving the attachments locally.
    To save attachments, open the email, right click on the attachment and
    select "Save Target As" browse to the location you want to save and click
    save.

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Dec 4, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcyBCZW5hZmllbGQ=?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Dec 4, 2005 at 11:58am "LRM" blathered:

    > Sunday posting = 0 life

    Quiet weekend, huh?

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com
    TechGeekPro, Dec 5, 2005
  4. LRM,

    Thanks for taking the time to respond to my note. The info was helpful.

    IT finally worked their way down to me.

    Yea, my life is school for the next four. The weekend is about the only time
    I have to answer email or send it.

    Thanks again.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcyBCZW5hZmllbGQ=?=, Dec 11, 2005