    have the same problem

    I've tried running Outlook Express and have the same problem. Could this be
    an operating system problem? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Sidney Friedman, Mar 20, 2005

  2. Sidney Friedman

    Frankin Guest

    Hi,
    Go to the office update page and install the updates. See if that helps.
    just a thought.

    Frankin, Mar 20, 2005

  3. Sidney Friedman

    Scraggy Guest

    Sidney Friedman wrote:
    > When trying to open up links received in Email in Outlook 2003 I
    > recently started getting the following message:
    >
    > "The program must close to allow a previous
    > installation attempt to complete. Please restart"
    >
    > 1. I've restarted Outlook but still have the same problem
    > 2. I've restarted my O.S. (XP Pro) but still have the same problem
    > 3. I'm not aware of any incomplete installations
    > 4. I've run various anti-virus, spyware programs without finding a
    > cause
    > 5. I've deleted all cookies and temp/tmp files and emptied my cache;
    > still have the same problem
    >
    > I've tried running Outlook Express and have the same problem. Could
    > this be an operating system problem? Any suggestions will be
    > appreciated.

    1.Is it fully updated? Help>Check for Updates
    2.Have a look in Help>About>Disabled items anything there?
    3.Use Help> Detect & Repair option?
    --
    I told his psychiatrist that everyone hates him. He said I was being
    ridiculous - everyone hasn't met him yet. Rodney Dangerfield
    Scraggy, Mar 20, 2005
  4. Thanks for your reply "Scraggy".

    I've tried to update but get the same error message. I've tried to access
    Microsoft (online) help and get the same erroror message.
    I've also "repaired" and reinstalled Office 2003 but still have the same
    problem. I've even "Restored" my computer to a date well before this
    problem started and this didn't work either. Any other good Ideas?

    Sidney Friedman, Mar 23, 2005
  5. Sidney Friedman

    JANA Guest

    I am wondering if you had a pervious version of Outlook installed, and you
    did not uninstall it before doing a new full installation of Outlook.

    It is important to uninstall previous software's if the new addition is a
    full installation, and not a simple update.

    You may have to uninstall the version you have, re-install the older
    version, un-install the older version, and then re-install the new one
    again. This is to make sure that the old version was properly cleaned out.

    The cleanup can be done manually, but this involved going deep in to the
    many
    entries in the registry, and searching out for many files in various areas
    on the hard disk. It is not a simple task to do this manually.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Mar 25, 2005