    to fix this issue is by rebuilding the machine. I was wondering if windows
    update could be the issue but Microsoft have no known issues at the moment.
    Has anyone else expirienced these issues??

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=, Jul 4, 2005

  2. "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Almost in the space of one hour many machines within my compnay began
    > having
    > issues opening certain applications. When clicking on the application the
    > egg
    > timer appears but then dissapear's, if you look in task manager\processes
    > the
    > process is running but know application starts. The only way I have been
    > able
    > to fix this issue is by rebuilding the machine. I was wondering if windows
    > update could be the issue but Microsoft have no known issues at the
    > moment.
    > Has anyone else expirienced these issues??

    Is this an x64 64-bit Windows issue ?

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jul 4, 2005

  3. This is on Windows XP Professional "x64"?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 4, 2005
  4. shut down your connection to the internet! Then, take a single machine,
    preferably a laptop that hasn't been connected to the corporate network
    today, and connect it to the internet (but disconnected from the internal
    network!) Use that machine as your resource machine, while you search for
    possible causes. These are the classic symptoms of some sort of malware loose
    on your network.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 4, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

    Rick Guest

    Are you talking about any version of Windows x64?

    Rick, Jul 4, 2005
  6. My compliments on "egg timer". Much more descriptive than the traditional
    "hourglass."

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 5, 2005