    Is there a way to set the outlook express or Norton so they can both work
    together please any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you all for your help.

    lethal, Aug 20, 2004

  2. lethal

    rikka Guest

    "lethal" <> wrote in
    news:smcVc.154241$J06.27047@pd7tw2no:

    > I am having problems with Norton Antivirus stopping outlook
    > express from letting my Send/Receive mail , I was told by Shaw
    > who is my server to untick the incoming and outgoing scanning of
    > the program, I have done that and it is working..
    > I am now afraid to get viruses with my emails.
    > Is there a way to set the outlook express or Norton so they can
    > both work together please any suggestion would be greatly
    > appreciated. Thank you all for your help.

    does norton have Help file or manual that came with cd?

    have you been to their forum online?

    rikka, Aug 20, 2004

  3. lethal

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Check with Norton and see if they have an update to fix that. It is the
    Netsky virus that causes it.

    pcbutts1, Aug 20, 2004
  4. lethal

    Buffalo Guest

    "lethal" <> wrote in message
    > I am having problems with Norton Antivirus stopping outlook express

    from
    > letting my Send/Receive mail , [snip]

    I have no idea what you mean by the above statement.
    I'm happy to see that others 'somehow' see what you're saying.
    I use Win98SE and OE and Norton and do not have a problem having
    Norton set to check emails, both Sending and Receiving.

    Buffalo, Aug 20, 2004
  5. lethal

    ImhoTech Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > Check with Norton and see if they have an update to fix that. It is the
    > Netsky virus that causes it.
    >
    > --

    Do you have a reference with details on how Netsky causes this?

    ImhoTech, Aug 20, 2004
  6. lethal

    ImhoTech Guest

    "lethal" <> wrote in message
    > I am having problems with Norton Antivirus stopping outlook express from
    > letting my Send/Receive mail , I was told by Shaw who is my server to

    untick
    > the incoming and outgoing scanning of the program, I have done that and it
    > is working..
    > I am now afraid to get viruses with my emails.
    > Is there a way to set the outlook express or Norton so they can both work
    > together please any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    > Thank you all for your help.

    If NAV is working and up to date, you're still safe without the delivery
    scan. Manually run live update to make sure you have all available updates,
    then re-tick the option for incoming scan if you wish. The outgoing scan is
    unnecessary.

    ImhoTech, Aug 20, 2004
  7. lethal

    lethal Guest

    Thanks "ImhoTech"and all the others for the help. My problem is now
    resolved.

    lethal, Aug 21, 2004
  8. lethal

    Buffalo Guest

    "lethal" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks "ImhoTech"and all the others for the help. My problem is now
    > resolved.

    How did you resolve it?
    You answer may help others.
    Glad you fixed it.
    PS: Sorry I didn't understand the problem originally.

    Buffalo, Aug 21, 2004
  9. lethal

    lethal Guest

    All I did is what you told me.On the Norton scan mail program, I ticked the
    incoming mail to be scan and left the outgoing mail without the tick and so
    far (Hum) it is working good.
    Hope it last and I don't send any one any virus!!!!
    thanks again.

    lethal, Aug 21, 2004