    newsgroup, I keep getting an error message when I enter my Comcast user name
    and password. I know they are correct, because I had to enter them to
    access my e-mail. Any ideas? Thanks.

    JFitz, Dec 23, 2004

  2. (On 12/23/2004 5:17 PM) JFitz wrote:
    > I just downloaded Mozilla 1.7 with no problems. I had no problem accessing
    > my e-mail through Comcast.net. However, when I attempt to subscribe to a
    > newsgroup, I keep getting an error message when I enter my Comcast user name
    > and password. I know they are correct, because I had to enter them to
    > access my e-mail. Any ideas? Thanks.

    Are you positive you need to enter a user name and password to access
    your ISP's news server?
    --
    Brian

    Email Info--
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    ::..BRIAN..::, Dec 23, 2004

  3. JFitz

    Packrat® Guest

    "JFitz" <> wrote in

    > I just downloaded Mozilla 1.7 with no problems. I had no problem
    > accessing my e-mail through Comcast.net. However, when I attempt to
    > subscribe to a newsgroup, I keep getting an error message when I enter
    > my Comcast user name and password. I know they are correct, because I
    > had to enter them to access my e-mail. Any ideas? Thanks.

    AFAIK, No authentication is necessary with Comcast newsgroups as long
    as you are sitting on their network. I have a client with same & all I did
    was add a news server account through his OE and add 1 group. Done. :)

    --
    jpac

    "Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger,
    harry, harass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate,
    beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals."
    San Diego Zoo / Wild Animal Park

    Packrat®, Dec 24, 2004