Problem with "New Hardware Detected" process

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by David, Feb 2, 2004.

  1. David

    David Guest

    I recently got a digital camera. I installed the software for the camera,
    went out and took some pictures and tried to upload them to the computer.

    The problem is that as soon as I plug the camera into the computer a window
    comes up and says New Hardware Found. Eventually it asks me to put the
    Windows 98 Second Edition CD Rom in the cd rom drive. After this is done it
    says "File IYYV_32.DLL cannot be found on the Windows 98 CD Rom. Please
    check the path then click OK". I can't get past this point. I can't stop
    the process.

    However if I ignore these windows and go to the camera's software I can
    upload the pictures and I can view them. The only way to halt this New
    Hardware Found process is to turn off the computer.

    My system is 2 years old withWindows 98, 1GHZ IBM C3 Cyrix processor and 256
    MB of ram

    I would appreciate any advice on this problem.

    Thanks, David
    David, Feb 2, 2004

  2. The easiest way would be to upgrade to XP Home for about $90. You can type
    in C:/Windows and C:/Windows/System32 C:/Windows/System alternating them as
    they work. This is where to files are without the CD. With the CD. you
    should try browsing with the CD in and tell it where exactly where the file
    is. This should work.

    gg pynadnaski, Feb 2, 2004

  3. David

    colin Guest

    David <> wrote in message

    > I recently got a digital camera. I installed the software for the camera,
    > went out and took some pictures and tried to upload them to the computer.
    >
    > The problem is that as soon as I plug the camera into the computer a

    window
    > comes up and says New Hardware Found. Eventually it asks me to put the
    > Windows 98 Second Edition CD Rom in the cd rom drive. After this is done

    it
    > says "File IYYV_32.DLL cannot be found on the Windows 98 CD Rom. Please
    > check the path then click OK". I can't get past this point. I can't

    stop
    > the process.
    >
    > However if I ignore these windows and go to the camera's software I can
    > upload the pictures and I can view them. The only way to halt this New
    > Hardware Found process is to turn off the computer.
    >
    > My system is 2 years old withWindows 98, 1GHZ IBM C3 Cyrix processor and

    256
    > MB of ram
    >
    > I would appreciate any advice on this problem.
    >
    > Thanks, David

    You could copy the `win98` cab folder from your cdrom to your c drive, and
    then run `regedit` to locate the key `sourcepath` and then edit it to point
    to the c:\win98 cab folder

    IYUV_32.DLL ?
    http://www.dictacomm.com/Win_Dll/98_1st/i_dll_Files.htm

    V2.00.00.00 Indeo video YUV lib. windows\system driver12.cab

    http://www.dictacomm.com/Win_Dll/98_1st/ifiles/iyuv_32zip_download.htm
    colin, Feb 2, 2004
  4. David

    Jerry G. Guest

    You didn't mention the make and model if the camera, in case someone would
    be reminded of the same fault condition, or know by the make and model
    number.

    You should try to get in touch with the support people for the camera. I
    have used various digital cameras on systems. Some of them are a bit
    complicated to properly install.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Feb 2, 2004
  5. David

    David Guest

    Thanks very much for the advice. I will try the recommendations. David

    David, Feb 2, 2004