    interfering with itself and the other network card. I did make sure all my
    cables or in good also. Thanks for any help given.

    Lasher

    Jason, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Jason

    Jason Guest

    I just was doing some more research on the net, and I seen one page that
    said a cheap pair of firewire cables can cause the computer to malfunction.
    I was thinking that since everything seems to work ok until I plug my camera
    in, maybe it is the cable. I did get the cables very cheap over ebay. So I
    will go by a better pair and see what happens.

    Lasher

    "Jason" <> wrote in message
    > Recently I bought a firewire 1394a card to connect my dv camcorder to.

    Well
    > , when I install the card and start my computer, winXP finds everything

    and
    > installs the correct drivers for it. But soon as I connect my dv camcorder
    > (which is a Sony TRV-320) my network card for my cable modem and the
    > firewire card will just start disabling and enabling like every 10

    seconds.
    > I get the warning popping up saying that my network cable is unplugged,

    but

    Jason, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Jason

    Jeff Vincent Guest

    Jason, did the new firewire cable fix your problem

    Jeff Vincent, Feb 17, 2004