    3.5.5. on hers.

    ????????????

    , Jul 3, 2010

  2. Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 09:27:26 -0500, wrote:

    >Well, I installed the new FireFox 3.6.6. and thought it had a problem.
    >I now find Google has the problem. Google's problem came up on the
    >same day I installed the newer FF, that's why I thought it was FF's
    >fault.
    >
    >When I Google a search, it now throws me to a separate new page that
    >has a bunch of listings in a column on the left side. Those weren't
    >there before the other day. If I try a new search on that page, it
    >won't search. Nothing - absolutely nothing happens when I hit the
    >Search button or Enter. I have to go back to the main Google page to
    >start a new search. It's the same on my wife's machine, and she has FF
    >3.5.5. on hers.
    >
    >????????????

    C'mon, a whole day without an answer. It can't be just my wife and
    myself that has this problem that came up with Google new search
    results page.

    ?

    , Jul 4, 2010

  3. On 04/07/10 16:22, wrote:
    > C'mon, a whole day without an answer. It can't be just my wife and
    > myself that has this problem that came up with Google new search
    > results page.

    Maybe you are the only ones with this issue?

    Have you tried a Google forum?

    --
    Worth viewing:-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptccZze7VxQ

    Polly the Parrot, Jul 4, 2010
  4. On 04/07/2010 17:14, Ed Mullen wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 09:27:26 -0500, wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well, I installed the new FireFox 3.6.6. and thought it had a problem.
    >>> I now find Google has the problem. Google's problem came up on the
    >>> same day I installed the newer FF, that's why I thought it was FF's
    >>> fault.
    >>>
    >>> When I Google a search, it now throws me to a separate new page that
    >>> has a bunch of listings in a column on the left side. Those weren't
    >>> there before the other day. If I try a new search on that page, it
    >>> won't search. Nothing - absolutely nothing happens when I hit the
    >>> Search button or Enter. I have to go back to the main Google page to
    >>> start a new search. It's the same on my wife's machine, and she has FF
    >>> 3.5.5. on hers.
    >>>
    >>> ????????????

    >> C'mon, a whole day without an answer. It can't be just my wife and
    >> myself that has this problem that came up with Google new search
    >> results page.
    >>
    >> ?

    > Well, it's never happened to me. Try:
    >
    > Start in Safe Mode - problem solved? If so, re-start in normal mode,
    > disable all themes and extensions; restart. If it's ok start to
    > re-enable one by one until the problem arises. That's the answer.
    >
    > If that doesn't work try creating a new profile. Ok? start to transfer
    > your old profile data but watch out for extensions and themes.

    No problems with our 3 PCs running 3.6.6 on XP and Windows 7 64 bit.
    Can only suggest you google it or search using another search engine if
    google is causing you too much grief. Have you any less common software
    on both machines?

    Invisible Man, Jul 4, 2010
  5. Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 19:09:42 +0100, Invisible Man
    <> wrote:

    >On 04/07/2010 17:14, Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>> C'mon, a whole day without an answer. It can't be just my wife and
    >>> myself that has this problem that came up with Google new search
    >>> results page.
    >>>
    >>> ?

    >> Well, it's never happened to me. Try:
    >>
    >> Start in Safe Mode - problem solved? If so, re-start in normal mode,
    >> disable all themes and extensions; restart. If it's ok start to
    >> re-enable one by one until the problem arises. That's the answer.
    >>
    >> If that doesn't work try creating a new profile. Ok? start to transfer
    >> your old profile data but watch out for extensions and themes.
    >>

    >No problems with our 3 PCs running 3.6.6 on XP and Windows 7 64 bit.
    >Can only suggest you google it or search using another search engine if
    >google is causing you too much grief. Have you any less common software
    >on both machines?

    Google has been screwed up for several months using any browser. It
    brings up a second link that you have to click on a second time. F__k
    google. I just use a different search engine. If I was to rate
    google, it would get a ONE on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the
    best.

    , Jul 6, 2010
  6. On 06/07/2010 11:13, wrote:
    > On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 19:09:42 +0100, Invisible Man
    > <> wrote:

    >>> Well, it's never happened to me. Try:
    >>>
    >>> Start in Safe Mode - problem solved? If so, re-start in normal mode,
    >>> disable all themes and extensions; restart. If it's ok start to
    >>> re-enable one by one until the problem arises. That's the answer.
    >>>
    >>> If that doesn't work try creating a new profile. Ok? start to transfer
    >>> your old profile data but watch out for extensions and themes.
    >>>

    >> No problems with our 3 PCs running 3.6.6 on XP and Windows 7 64 bit.
    >> Can only suggest you google it or search using another search engine if
    >> google is causing you too much grief. Have you any less common software
    >> on both machines?

    > Google has been screwed up for several months using any browser. It
    > brings up a second link that you have to click on a second time. F__k
    > google. I just use a different search engine. If I was to rate
    > google, it would get a ONE on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the
    > best.

    Any possibility you have some malware at work? Absolutely nothing like
    that here.

    Invisible Man, Jul 6, 2010
  7. jones Guest

    Actually, I am having problems lately too with Firefox 3.6. It has been so
    slow in opening up websites and even worse when I first boot up the
    internet. Hope we can find a solution.

    In the meantime I am trying to search Firefox's Knowledge Base.
    Katherine

    jones, Jul 28, 2010