    Is ZoneAlarm going to help?
    What do You suggest?

    Wodny

    Wodny, Jun 27, 2003

  2. In article <bdi6g2$1v0$>,
    says...
    > Situation:
    > 1 x Laptop with 98 + W32.Pinfi
    > 1 x PC with Windows 2000 Prof SP2 PL + ZoneAlarm 3.7.143 + NAV2001
    > 2 x Fast Ethernet Card (Request PCI 10/100 TX)
    >
    > Task:
    > To copy some files from Laptop to PC.
    >
    > Questions:
    > How to defend W2k against Pinfi?
    >
    > If I turn on the Sharing only in one Directory, is Pinfi going to attack
    > only this dir.?
    > Is ZoneAlarm going to help?
    > What do You suggest?
    >

    > Wodny

    put a FTP server on the win2k box... I dont think win2k pro has a ftp
    server, so, download one from download.com, configure, turn it on,
    upload to the win2k box from the win98 box.

    so, on another note, why haven't you cleaned up the win98 box infected
    with the virus?

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/