problem with my printer

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by vvvasso, Apr 16, 2012.

  1. vvvasso

    vvvasso Guest

    I have a relatively new printer HP photosmart 7960, and i have a huge
    problem with it.
    It want print documents or pictures that i choose, but i just get a
    blank peace of paper. i thought that the printer is gone.but......
    the level of ink is at its almost full,and when i start one of the
    programs from the printers software (clean the heads, centering the
    articles, see if all the colors are displayed coretly...and so on), it
    all WORKS.
    So i came to the conclusion that somwhere in the link between printer
    and my computer(relativly new dual core Pentium with 2 GB RAM, and
    running on XP.
    My question is? Does anybody know what am i talking about(maybe you
    have a simillar problem yourself), and how to print like a normal
    human been?

    P.S. - I have all the latest drivers, and interesting anough the
    printer work just fine on my stepfathers Macintosh, and a friends
    laptop.

    If i asked this question on a wrong place, please redirect me to the
    real stuff.
    Thank u all very much.

    vvvasso

    vvvasso, Apr 16, 2012

  2. vvvasso

    ray Guest

    On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:04:58 -0700, vvvasso wrote:

    > I have a relatively new printer HP photosmart 7960, and i have a huge
    > problem with it.
    > It want print documents or pictures that i choose, but i just get a
    > blank peace of paper. i thought that the printer is gone.but...... the
    > level of ink is at its almost full,and when i start one of the programs
    > from the printers software (clean the heads, centering the articles, see
    > if all the colors are displayed coretly...and so on), it all WORKS.
    > So i came to the conclusion that somwhere in the link between printer
    > and my computer(relativly new dual core Pentium with 2 GB RAM, and
    > running on XP.
    > My question is? Does anybody know what am i talking about(maybe you have
    > a simillar problem yourself), and how to print like a normal human been?
    >
    > P.S. - I have all the latest drivers, and interesting anough the printer
    > work just fine on my stepfathers Macintosh, and a friends laptop.
    >
    > If i asked this question on a wrong place, please redirect me to the
    > real stuff.
    > Thank u all very much.
    >
    > vvvasso

    Does it print a test page from the printer's control panel?

    ray, Apr 17, 2012

  3. vvvasso

    vvvasso Guest

    On 17 tra, 02:22, ray <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:04:58 -0700, vvvasso wrote:
    > > I have a relatively new printer HP photosmart 7960, and i have a huge
    > > problem with it.
    > > It want print documents or pictures that i choose, but i just get a
    > > blank peace of paper. i thought that the printer is gone.but...... the
    > > level of ink is at its almost full,and when i start one of the programs
    > > from the printers software (clean the heads, centering the articles, see
    > > if all the colors are displayed coretly...and so on), it all WORKS.
    > > So i came to the conclusion that somwhere in the link between printer
    > > and my computer(relativly new dual core Pentium with 2 GB RAM, and
    > > running on XP.
    > > My question is? Does anybody know what am i talking about(maybe you have
    > > a simillar problem yourself), and how to print like a normal human been?

    > > P.S. - I have all the latest drivers, and interesting anough the printer
    > > work just fine on my stepfathers Macintosh, and a friends laptop.

    > > If i asked this question on a wrong place, please redirect me to the
    > > real stuff.
    > > Thank u all very much.

    > > vvvasso

    > Does it print a test page from the printer's control panel?

    Yes

    vvvasso, Apr 17, 2012
  4. vvvasso

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Apr 16, 4:04 pm, vvvasso <> wrote:
    > I have a relatively new printer HP photosmart 7960, and i have a huge
    > problem with it.
    > It want print documents or pictures that i choose, but i just get a
    > blank peace of paper. i thought that the printer is gone.but......
    > the level of ink is at its almost full,and when i start one of the
    > programs from the printers software (clean the heads, centering the
    > articles, see if all the colors are displayed coretly...and so on), it
    > all WORKS.
    > So i came to the conclusion that somwhere in the link between printer
    > and my computer(relativly new dual core Pentium with 2 GB RAM, and
    > running on XP.
    > My question is? Does anybody know what am i talking about(maybe you
    > have a simillar problem yourself), and how to print like a normal
    > human been?
    >
    > P.S. - I have all the latest drivers, and interesting anough the
    > printer work just fine on my stepfathers Macintosh, and a friends
    > laptop.
    >
    > If i asked this question on a wrong place, please redirect me to the
    > real stuff.
    > Thank u all very much.
    >
    > vvvasso

    Is it a "print to file" issue?