    work. What else can I try? I need to get something going so I can get to
    Outlook Express and take care of the emails so I can do a complete Restore.
    Thought perhaps if I do a complete restore it might recognize the mouse.

    sazvedo, Sep 20, 2007

  2. sazvedo

    Guest

    "sazvedo" <> wrote:

    >Using XP Home, 80 Gig, 512 MB, 2.6 Mhz. All of a sudden the mouse pointer
    >won't move. Have tried 2 mice, one a Microsoft and the other a Logitec,
    >both cordless optical. Have changed batteries. Unplugged them from the USB
    >ports on the front of the machine and moved them to the back of the machine.
    >Still nothing helps. Naturally, I am trying 1 mouse at a time. Have turned
    >computer off by shutting off at the surge protector as the mouse wouldn't
    >let me turn it off properly. Unplugged the mouse from the USB port in back
    >and then plugged it back up and turned the machine on again. Still doesn't
    >work. What else can I try? I need to get something going so I can get to
    >Outlook Express and take care of the emails so I can do a complete Restore.
    >Thought perhaps if I do a complete restore it might recognize the mouse.

    WinKey + R
    <type in> %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
    <enter>

    Tab key to move in a window arrow keys, and alt key + the letter
    underlined.

    Do the USB ports even work?

    --

    http://pics.livejournal.com/tongodeon/pic/0004xhys/

    , Sep 20, 2007

  3. sazvedo

    sazvedo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    "sazvedo" <> wrote:

    >Using XP Home, 80 Gig, 512 MB, 2.6 Mhz. All of a sudden the mouse pointer
    >won't move. Have tried 2 mice, one a Microsoft and the other a Logitec,
    >both cordless optical. Have changed batteries. Unplugged them from the
    >USB
    >ports on the front of the machine and moved them to the back of the
    >machine.
    >Still nothing helps. Naturally, I am trying 1 mouse at a time. Have turned
    >computer off by shutting off at the surge protector as the mouse wouldn't
    >let me turn it off properly. Unplugged the mouse from the USB port in back
    >and then plugged it back up and turned the machine on again. Still doesn't
    >work. What else can I try? I need to get something going so I can get to
    >Outlook Express and take care of the emails so I can do a complete Restore.
    >Thought perhaps if I do a complete restore it might recognize the mouse.

    WinKey + R
    <type in> %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
    <enter>

    Tab key to move in a window arrow keys, and alt key + the letter
    underlined.

    Do the USB ports even work?

    Yes, the USB ports work. I'm sorry but I don't understand instructions
    above.

    sazvedo, Sep 20, 2007
  4. sazvedo

    Guest

    "sazvedo" <> wrote:

    >WinKey + R
    ><type in> %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
    ><enter>
    >
    >Tab key to move in a window arrow keys, and alt key + the letter
    >underlined.

    >Yes, the USB ports work. I'm sorry but I don't understand instructions
    >above.

    The command will open restore so you can run a restore point.

    The arrow keys, Tab Key and Alt Keys are just ways to get around
    without a mouse. space bar selects or checks options.
    --

    http://pics.livejournal.com/tongodeon/pic/0004xhys/

    , Sep 20, 2007
  5. sazvedo

    kráftéé Guest

    sazvedo wrote:
    > Using XP Home, 80 Gig, 512 MB, 2.6 Mhz. All of a sudden the mouse
    > pointer won't move. Have tried 2 mice, one a Microsoft and the
    > other a Logitec, both cordless optical. Have changed batteries.
    > Unplugged them from the USB ports on the front of the machine and
    > moved them to the back of the machine. Still nothing helps.
    > Naturally, I am trying 1 mouse at a time. Have turned computer off
    > by shutting off at the surge protector as the mouse wouldn't let me
    > turn it off properly.

    For future refference try pushing in the power on button for about a
    second, most PC's will then power down as per normal. Turning of the
    power to the unit could make a problem even worse than it already
    is...

    kráftéé, Sep 20, 2007
  6. sazvedo

    Alfred Guest

    On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 04:47:58 GMT, "sazvedo"

    get cat

    Alfred, Sep 20, 2007