    on Windows 95. I know about the compatibility mode, but I can't get
    there without installing it first. Any help would be appreciated.

    - hoops
    Hoopster, May 29, 2006

  2. Hoopster

    Alan Guest

    Hoopster wrote:
    > Hello,
    >

    > I purchased an older game brand new at the store called Micro Machines
    > 3. I used to play it all the time years ago and lost the cd along the
    > way. In any event it cost me $9.99, but there is one problem. The CD
    > comes up to install it, but it says that it needs Windows 95 to
    > continue. Obviously, I don't have Windows 95 installed. Does anyone
    > know a work around for this? I really want to install the game, but I
    > have a feeling that it might be coded in the software to only install
    > on Windows 95. I know about the compatibility mode, but I can't get
    > there without installing it first. Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > - hoops

    Copy the contents of the CD to an empty folder on your hard drive. Make
    a shortcut to intall.exe or setup.exe Go to the properties of the
    shortcut, select the compatibility tab and select Win95. Then cross
    your fingers! :)
    Alan, May 29, 2006

  3. Hoopster

    Wagg Guest

    If the above doesnt work, search the internet for Windows 95 or DOS
    emulators. I have one somewhere which I use for playing really old
    games I like!

    -Ben
    Wagg, May 29, 2006
  4. Hoopster

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Hoopster" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >

    > I purchased an older game brand new at the store called Micro Machines
    > 3. I used to play it all the time years ago and lost the cd along the
    > way. In any event it cost me $9.99, but there is one problem. The CD
    > comes up to install it, but it says that it needs Windows 95 to
    > continue. Obviously, I don't have Windows 95 installed. Does anyone
    > know a work around for this? I really want to install the game, but I
    > have a feeling that it might be coded in the software to only install
    > on Windows 95. I know about the compatibility mode, but I can't get
    > there without installing it first. Any help would be appreciated.

    You can run the setup file in compatability mode, but to be honest, I can't
    think of any occasion when a game has worked using it.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, May 30, 2006