    another window says the same thing about explorer. This occurs if I play 3
    or 4 mpg's in a row. I upgraded to media player 10 but the same problem is
    still there. Is something broke or do I need to make an adjustment? TIA

    George, Nov 4, 2004

  2. George

    AskXperts Guest

    Hi George,

    I invite you to post your question at http://www.askxperts.com

    It's a free expert community where your questions are send to many experts.

    Thanks!

    AskXperts, Nov 4, 2004

  3. George

    DC Guest

    AskXperts wrote:

    [snipped OP]

    > Hi George,

    > I invite you to post your question at http://www.askxperts.com

    > It's a free expert community where your questions are send to many
    > experts.

    > Thanks!

    Hey! Nice site!

    I particularly liked this:

    <q>
    --------------
    Xperts Sign up
    --------------

    Simply register to become an expert an start answering questions. Build
    a reputation and accumulate points.
    </q>

    Gee, that's just great! Listen...

    Could you kindly restrict your recruiting drive to NTLers with email
    problems?

    Thank you ever so much and best of luck with your endeavour.

    }%O)

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
    -- Neil Peart

    DC, Nov 4, 2004
  4. AskXperts wrote:

    > It's a free expert community where your questions are send to many experts.

    Experts as in spammers?

    --
    Mikko Peltoniemi
    Film & Video Editor, Avid Technician at large.

    Mikko Peltoniemi, Nov 4, 2004
  5. George wrote:

    > or 4 mpg's in a row. I upgraded to media player 10 but the same problem is
    > still there. Is something broke or do I need to make an adjustment? TIA

    If it were an AVI file, I'd suspect a codec problem, but not since it's
    an MPEG. Unless you've installed some third-party MPEG filter or
    something...

    Try another video player. If the problem persists, then it could be
    something like your display drivers, etc. Otherwise I'd chalk it up
    to Media Player's problems.

    Try for example Media Player Classic.

    Mikko Peltoniemi, Nov 4, 2004
  6. George

    AskXperts Guest

    Hi Mikko,

    Not really. Only to experts who want to sign in to receive notifications.

    Thanks.

    AskXperts, Nov 4, 2004
  7. George

    WormWood Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message
    | Hi group - my machine is only a couple of weeks old. I run winxp-sp1.
    It
    | has a 3.2 prescott with 1gig of pc3200 sdram. It seems to work
    perfectly
    | except for windows media player. I was getting the pop up that says
    media
    | player has experienced a problem and needs to close. I click ok, and
    | another window says the same thing about explorer. This occurs if I
    play 3
    | or 4 mpg's in a row. I upgraded to media player 10 but the same
    problem is
    | still there. Is something broke or do I need to make an adjustment?
    TIA

    Download SP2 from the Microsoft site and install it. It may have
    something WMP needs to work pproperly.

    WormWood, Nov 4, 2004
  8. George

    AskXperts Guest

    Hello Neil ,

    Thank you for your warm welcome. In respect to you comment:

    > Hey! Nice site!
    >
    > I particularly liked this:
    > --------------
    > Xperts Sign up
    > --------------
    >
    > Simply register to become an expert an start answering questions. Build
    > a reputation and accumulate points.
    > </q>
    >

    > Gee, that's just great!

    This is what I'm going to do. Accumulate 100,000 and I'll give you or anyone
    $500 everytime someone reach the points. The questions are based on 500 max
    points, and you will get 10,000 points just for signing in.

    AskXperts, Nov 4, 2004
  9. George

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 02:47:46 GMT "AskXperts"
    used 23 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >Hi George,
    >
    >I invite you to post your question at http://www.askxperts.com
    >
    >It's a free expert community where your questions are send to many experts.

    Ummmm... I just asked a question on your board.

    --
    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email

    G. Morgan, Nov 4, 2004
  10. In article <> kadbitcha <> wrote:

    >AskXperts, <>, the catarrhal, furrowed dust, and person
    >who applies ornamental plaster to their face to hide the horrendous acne,
    >ejected:
    >
    >> Hi Mikko,
    >>
    >> Not really. Only to experts who want to sign in to receive
    >> notifications.

    >Excluding myself, the only experts you'll find in 24hourfuckup.idiotdesk are
    >experts in total fucking techo-bullshit. Your site deserves the fuckers. I
    >hope they make your site into a mockery, just as they make a mockery of
    >themselves.

    A spoon does not know the taste of soup, nor a learned fool the taste
    of wisdom.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "But Faxhor, you err in two major respects, To ask of her age, is
    ill-mannered at best, For a gentleman waits for the lady to tell,
    (Most unlikely until, he's well under her spell). But when you reply
    to a program designed, Giving random responses, to annoy and to blind,
    Neither human nor alien, that cares not a jot, It's apparent to me,
    Lady C is a 'bot'!" -- Andrew Robertson

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 4, 2004
  11. In article <> kadbitcha <> wrote:

    >BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 24hourfuckup.idiotdesk does it again!

    How can you be positive?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "if Elizabot tracks FNVWturd, I am interested to give it a try." --
    Real Friendly Neighborhood Vote Ranger

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 4, 2004
  12. George

    trout Guest

    AskXperts wrote:

    > Hi George,
    >
    > I invite you to post your question at http://www.eggsperks.com
    >
    > It's a free expert community where your questions are send to many
    > experts.
    >
    > Thanks!

    So, if it's a "free community"; why is it that "Paid questions will
    appear on the top of the list" (assuming you ever get any real ones)?
    And if you are here in Usenet, soliciting for a PAID service, why
    shouldn't I just report you all over hell's half-acre for spamming?
    Hmmm?
    --
    "I just opened a doctors' office. Maybe some doctors and patients will
    show up."

    trout, Nov 4, 2004
  13. George

    Conor Guest

    In article <>, trout says...

    > So, if it's a "free community"; why is it that "Paid questions will
    > appear on the top of the list" (assuming you ever get any real ones)?

    Whats your problem? Its free to get listed on Google but if you cough
    up money, you filter to the top.

    --
    Conor

    Opinions personal, facts suspect.

    Conor, Nov 4, 2004
  14. George

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:48:11 -0000 "Conor"
    used 13 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >Whats your problem? Its free to get listed on Google but if you cough
    >up money, you filter to the top.

    Ummm. How many times do you click the sponsored links at the very
    top? Paying Google for advertising does NOT get you a better PR.

    G. Morgan, Nov 4, 2004
  15. George

    Wizard Guest

    You have demonstrated a lack of sense that is astounding!

    Wizard, Nov 4, 2004

    Teramnus Xuii Amethystogenes Erythrovirus, Nov 4, 2004
  17. George

    trout Guest

    Conor wrote:

    > In article <>, trout says...
    >
    >> So, if it's a "free community"; why is it that "Paid questions
    >> will appear on the top of the list" (assuming you ever get any real
    >> ones)?

    > Whats your problem? Its free to get listed on Google but if you cough
    > up money, you filter to the top.

    What the devil has Google to do with it?
    I'm referring to *questions asked on the site*. 'Paid for' questions
    receive preferable treatment, hence he's spam-vertizing a paid service.
    If this was *supposed* to be an analogy you were trying to make;
    it's a false one. If Google solicited listings in a Usenet group, it
    would also be spam.
    --
    "What's *your* problem?"

    trout, Nov 4, 2004
  18. George

    Fred Guest

    Lady Chatterly <> wrote:

    > A spoon does not know the taste of soup, nor a learned fool the taste
    > of wisdom.

    Why are you trying to abandon the discussion?

    Fred, Nov 5, 2004
  19. George

    Fred Guest

    Fred, Nov 5, 2004
  20. George

    Fred Guest

    Wizard <> wrote:

    > You have demonstrated a lack of sense that is astounding!

    Where did the supposed is astounding come from? Are you bullshitting again?

    Fred, Nov 5, 2004