    70-320

    However it doesn't show that I've earned the MCAD, just MCP.
    Anybody else having this problem?
    Edward Smith, Nov 27, 2008

  2. Edward Smith

    shawnblue22 Guest

    I've just had a coronary. I was checking my MCP Transcript for a change from
    MCP to MCAD and realised that I did the wrong exam. I have passed 70-229,
    315, and 300 (which was part of the MCSD upgrade deal I had). I thought I
    only had to pass 316 to get MCAD, but getting confused between MCSD and MCAD
    (316 and 315 are required for MCSD), I thought I only had 316 to do, which I
    passed last week.

    Now I realise that 70-320 (XML web services c#) is a core exam for MCAD.

    1) Relating to Edwards question, I thought that is what was required to
    qualify for MCAD, but on this page it states 70-320 is a core OR elective for
    MCAD (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-320.mspx).

    2) I have actually managed to book the exam on Prometric. I was under the
    understanding that the exams for MCAD track were to be retired March 31st,
    but could still sit before end of May?

    I now have a glimmer of hope. I am presuming Microsoft are not being
    stringent on the exam retirement and that what has changed is that you are
    able to sit AND actually book the exam before the end of May this year.

    If anyone can offer clarification I would appreciate it. I dont really want
    to waste time persuing 70-320 study to receive an email from Microsoft saying
    I should not have been allowed to book the exam. MCP regional centre have not
    been that helpful either.

    If can actually manage to sit and pass the exam, then I'll be an MCSD only
    requiring one exam to upgrade to MCPD.

    Yours confused, bewildered, shaken and stirred

    Shawn
    --------------------------

    shawnblue22, Apr 22, 2009

  3. "shawnblue22" <> wrote in message
    > I've just had a coronary. I was checking my MCP Transcript for a change
    > from
    > MCP to MCAD and realised that I did the wrong exam. I have passed 70-229,
    > 315, and 300 (which was part of the MCSD upgrade deal I had). I thought I
    > only had to pass 316 to get MCAD, but getting confused between MCSD and
    > MCAD
    > (316 and 315 are required for MCSD), I thought I only had 316 to do, which
    > passed last week.
    >
    > Now I realise that 70-320 (XML web services c#) is a core exam for MCAD.

    Really a non-issue, since the 315, 316, and 320 were all expired on 3/31/09.

    > I now have a glimmer of hope. I am presuming Microsoft are not being
    > stringent on the exam retirement and that what has changed is that you are
    > able to sit AND actually book the exam before the end of May this year.

    Uhhh.. no... the expiration was MARCH 31, not May 31.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.mspx

    There are no other exams scheduled for retirement for the rest of this year.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Apr 22, 2009