    repeats over and over. What are the chances or it being the mainboard,
    video card or is there a bio's setting I should look at? Any help would be
    great, what can I do and where do I start?

    Metro, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Metro

    philo Guest

    "Metro" <> wrote in message
    news:9HBQb.72348$...
    > I put a sapphire 9200se video card in a MSI 6528 main board now it crashes
    > during windows load, restarts, does a scandisk, finishes, crashes again
    > repeats over and over. What are the chances or it being the mainboard,
    > video card or is there a bio's setting I should look at? Any help would

    be
    > great, what can I do and where do I start?

    If it only started crashing since you put in the video board
    then it is probably a problem with your video card drivers...

    see if there are updated drivers avail for your particular OS

    philo, Jan 24, 2004

  3. Metro

    Metro Guest

    is this what everybody thinks?

    Metro, Jan 24, 2004
  4. Metro

    ICee Guest

    Metro wrote:
    > I put a sapphire 9200se video card in a MSI 6528 main board now it
    > crashes during windows load, restarts, does a scandisk, finishes,
    > crashes again repeats over and over. What are the chances or it
    > being the mainboard, video card or is there a bio's setting I should
    > look at? Any help would be great, what can I do and where do I start?

    It's either a bad card, or XP doesn't like the change. If you can, put
    the original video card back in, boot the system (you'll probably have
    to start from known good configuration), and uninstall the card from
    device manager. Then, put the new card in and try to boot. It should
    be seen as a new VGA card and then you would install the ATI drivers for
    it.

    ICee, Jan 24, 2004