problem with loading driver software on HD

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by neslesman, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. neslesman

    neslesman Guest

    I have inherited a new(used) computer (AMD Athlon) from a neighbour that
    moved and it contains two hard drives. The XP software was in Chinese so
    somehow I managed to re-format and install new English XP software despite
    not being too up on this stuff.

    My problem is this. The computer has two hardrives, a 60 G Maxtor and a 4 G
    Fujitsu ( for backup I assume). I have the OS loaded on the Maxtor and it's
    location is D:. When I've tried to install my scanner software it wants to
    install it on Drive C: and doesn't give me an option, it's self installing
    and unzipping. Needless to say it then doesn't install on the drive D that
    I use, in fact it doesn't install at all.

    Is their a solution to this? Can I change the "location" of the big Maxtor
    drive to C: from D:? I've looked everywhere for the Canon software that
    would let me decide where to install but all the sources seem to have this
    same piece of .exe zipped driver software. I've had no problems installing
    other sofware that lets me select the drive I want to install to.

    TIA for any assistance. I used this group a lot years ago when I first got
    a computer and will always be eternally greatful for the help in getting me
    up to speed at that time.
    neslesman, Mar 30, 2006

  2. neslesman

    Trax Guest

    "neslesman" <> wrote:

    |>My problem is this. The computer has two hardrives, a 60 G Maxtor and a 4 G
    |>Fujitsu ( for backup I assume). I have the OS loaded on the Maxtor and it's
    |>location is D:. When I've tried to install my scanner software it wants to
    |>install it on Drive C: and doesn't give me an option, it's self installing
    |>and unzipping. Needless to say it then doesn't install on the drive D that
    |>I use, in fact it doesn't install at all.
    |>
    |>Is their a solution to this? Can I change the "location"

    Might try InstallRite's "application cloning" - I've never used it so
    don't really know - then remove the one on C:\
    http://www.epsilonsquared.com/

    Unzip the files and edit the .INI file, then run the setup.

    Start | Run <type in> cmd \K set <enter>
    Make sure nothing points to C:\

    Get a new version of the software.

    --
    Web cam in an eagle's nest