    I have used the cd that came with the adapter and then used drivers i
    downloaded from the internet- neither have worked. I have tried both
    automatic and manual installation of these drivers. any advice?

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGFucm9zZTAz?=, Nov 4, 2006

  2. I have the exact same problem as you and would like to know if anyone knows
    how to fix it. I cannot even get "wireless" to appear in network connections.

    =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZTkx?=, Nov 4, 2006

  3. Don't know if my experience here would help.

    I recently, 2 days ago, had to move a Linksys USB wireless adaptor from one
    PC to another, had difficulties with installing it via the Linksys software
    that intalls. monitors the USB adaptor, but finally got it working.

    The software, or "monitor" as it's called, sat on the taskbar on the new
    machine, said scanning, but never saw the adaptor. On the old machine, the
    software installed the adaptor, monitored it, but sometimes, error messages
    pops up saying theres conflicts at certain memory locations.

    What I did in the new machine was first uninstalled the hardware, then
    removed the USB device driver. I then re-booted WITHOUT the adaptor.

    I then plugged the adaptor back in, rebooted, and used "add new hardware" in
    XP, then thru that wizard, manually installed telling it the device drivers
    is located on the CD drive. "Add new hardware found and installed the
    drivers. I then used the Wireless wizard, and added the adaptor in via WZC.

    The adaptor worked fine.

    I then went back to the Linksys software, told it to take over from WZC, and
    that was where the trouble started again, the adaptor did not work, kept
    saying scanning. So I did again what I did as before, removed the adaptor,
    the drivers, reintsalled, but thru "add hardware", WZC etc.

    Strange as it may seem, I had the Linksys software deativated but still
    visible on the taskbar "grayed out", though I configured it to hide. I have
    the option to uninstall this item thru "Programs->Linksys->uninstall".

    On the other had, I used the Linksys software a month ago to install another
    adaptor on my daughter's machine, and it works perfectly so far. I like its
    monitoring interface as compared to WZC.

    Right now, I got two identical Linksys adaptors, one working on one PC
    installed via Linksys software, working fine, and another one gumming up the
    works, and I got the adaptor working via installation thru XP tools.

    At least I got it working. Anyone has any ideas what's causing it??

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmtDaGlu?=, Nov 4, 2006