    anything; neither black nor color.

    I tried installing a new driver and no luck.

    Any suggestions?
    Billy Dee, Jan 3, 2007

  2. Billy Dee

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 23:09:24 GMT, "Billy Dee" <>
    wrote:

    >I've only used my printer maybe 6 times and it ran out of ink as I had the
    >factory installed cartridges in them. I bought new ones and can't print
    >anything; neither black nor color.
    >
    >I tried installing a new driver and no luck.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    I'm looking into my crystal ball, and I see your computer is running
    some sort of Microsoft Operating system. But ... I ... can't make out
    which one.

    And I see an error message on your screen when you print... But .. I
    can't make out the wording.

    Sorry, Magic 8 Ball Says "Try again".
    Evan Platt, Jan 3, 2007

  3. Billy Dee

    Billy Dee Guest

    Operating system is Win XP. I usually do state that but didn't think it was
    relevant in my case with the printer.

    Sorry.

    Billy Dee, Jan 4, 2007
  4. Billy Dee

    Guest

    "Billy Dee" <> wrote:

    >I've only used my printer maybe 6 times and it ran out of ink as I had the
    >factory installed cartridges in them. I bought new ones and can't print
    >anything; neither black nor color.
    >
    >I tried installing a new driver and no luck.

    What time of day was it?

    What were you wearing?

    Na, about all you can do is make sure they are seated properly, and
    run the printer diagnostics that come with the drivers.

    --
    http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/1236/whydoesntthisworkzr7.jpg
    , Jan 4, 2007
  5. was there tape over the contacts.? Remove them, look for and remove tape and
    reinsert.

    Gary Niskanen, Jan 4, 2007
  6. Billy Dee

    Bill Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 23:09:24 GMT, "Billy Dee" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I've only used my printer maybe 6 times and it ran out of ink as I had the
    >>factory installed cartridges in them. I bought new ones and can't print
    >>anything; neither black nor color.
    >>
    >>I tried installing a new driver and no luck.
    >>
    >>Any suggestions?

    > I'm looking into my crystal ball, and I see your computer is running
    > some sort of Microsoft Operating system. But ... I ... can't make out
    > which one.
    >
    > And I see an error message on your screen when you print... But .. I
    > can't make out the wording.
    >
    > Sorry, Magic 8 Ball Says "Try again".

    If you just want to test your news program go elsewhere. Read the message
    again, he is asking about a PRINTER and not operating system. If you have
    nothing to add, don't bother posting!
    The problem is with the printer, not with the operating system
    Bill, Jan 4, 2007
  7. Billy Dee

    Bill Guest

    "Billy Dee" <> wrote in message
    > Operating system is Win XP. I usually do state that but didn't think it
    > was relevant in my case with the printer.
    >
    > Sorry.
    >

    > "Evan Pratt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 23:09:24 GMT, "Billy Dee" <>
    >> wrote:

    Take no notice, he still can't help you anyway. Have a look at the printer
    and see if there is a way to reset it after the cartridge change. It might
    be that the cartridges you bought are unsuitable for that printer, or not
    installed correctly. Check the correct software supplied is on the
    computer, then try again. If not then your printer might be stuffed.
    Bill, Jan 4, 2007
  8. Billy Dee

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 01:06:07 -0000, "Bill" <>
    wrote:

    >If you just want to test your news program go elsewhere.

    Yeahhhh.. Sorry, I don't use Outhouse, so I don't need to test my news
    program.

    >Read the message again, he is asking about a PRINTER and not operating system.

    I did read the message again.

    "can't print anything; neither black nor color."

    When you try and print, if the OPERATING SYSTEM cannot print to the
    printer, you get a ERROR MESSAGE.

    That error message is usefull in troubleshooting printing problems.

    Last I checked, you need a OPERATING SYSTEM to print, unless of course
    it's a stand alone printer, in which case if it can't print, it will
    display a error message on the display of the printer. Once again,
    usefull for troubleshooting.

    >If you have nothing to add, don't bother posting!
    >The problem is with the printer, not with the operating system

    No shit Sherlock?
    Evan Platt, Jan 4, 2007
  9. Billy Dee

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 01:08:38 -0000, "Bill" <>
    wrote:

    >Take no notice, he still can't help you anyway.

    And you do what for a living? You're a plumber? I haven't seen you
    being much help either.

    >Have a look at the printer and see if there is a way to reset it after the cartridge change.

    Not telling the printer that a new cartridge is inserted wouldn't
    cause it not to print - it would - gosh - give an ERROR MESSAGE.

    >It might be that the cartridges you bought are unsuitable for that printer, or not
    >installed correctly.

    Once again, this would be given in a ERROR MESSAGE given either on the
    printer or in the Operating System.

    >Check the correct software supplied is on the computer, then try again.

    "I tried installing a new driver and no luck."

    What part of that wasn't clear?

    >If not then your printer might be stuffed.

    I think you're stuffed.. Of hot air.

    I haven't seen you contribute here before, and it appears you haven't
    a clue.
    Evan Platt, Jan 4, 2007
  10. Billy Dee

    Billy Dee Guest

    Thanks for all your help. I didn't mean to start an attack on anybody. I
    appreciate help from all.

    Thanks.

    Billy Dee, Jan 4, 2007
  11. Billy Dee

    Reid Decker Guest

    Go to a yard sale and buy an HP printer and ditch the Lexmark. If you
    are in NE Fl, come by and I'll give you some Lexmarks.

    Reid Decker, Jan 4, 2007