PROBLEM WITH ISDN & 3600'S

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Simon Watson, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Simon Watson

    Simon Watson Guest

    Hi Guys

    I've have 3 Cisco 3640's with ISDN PRI interfaces that recives/sends ISDN
    traffic to a range of CONGO ISDN routers,(uses CHAP). the IOS on the
    Cisco's were upgraded from 11.3 to 12.3(3c), since the upgraded I've been
    having problems connecting to the remote routers, when I at the Cisco end
    initiate an ISDN response no joy doing debug dialer I receive."Host name
    (remote router name) does not match DiX configuration" it looked like a CHAP
    thing so on the dialer config I changed the remote router name "x" from
    upper case to lower case. I was now able to intiate sucessfully a ISDN call.
    However when the remote CONGOS try to initiate a call they cannot & doing a
    debug Dialer whilst they try I receive "Authenticated host x with no
    matching dialer profile" X being the name of the remote router, when I
    revert to the lower case in the dialer config (remote name) the remote
    router can intiate a call but I am back with my first problem.

    I'm confused is there some new setup in 12.3(3c) as all was well with 11.3

    Thanks in advance

    Simon.

    Simon Watson, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Simon Watson

    Gustav Guest

    Could you make available online your configurations + eventually small
    diagrams?

    Cheers,

    Gustav

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 14:27:58 +0000, Simon Watson wrote:

    > Hi Guys
    >
    > I've have 3 Cisco 3640's with ISDN PRI interfaces that recives/sends
    > ISDN traffic to a range of CONGO ISDN routers,(uses CHAP). the IOS on

    [...]

    Gustav, Feb 9, 2004