Problem with Irfanview and .cr2 files from 1D Mark II N

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JC Dill, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. JC Dill

    JC Dill Guest

    I own a Canon 1D Mark II and shoot in Raw+Jpeg. I use Irfanview 3.98
    to chimp out the duds. I view in thumbnail mode with the .cr2
    and.jpegs together, so I can delete them together.

    I borrowed a Mark II N model and shot with it over the weekend
    (letting my SO use my camera). Irfanview is choking on the .cr2 files
    from the Mark II N:

    1) When I have "try to load embedded preview image" checked, it takes
    forever to try to find the embedded jpeg and then what it finds is
    corrupted.

    2) When I have "try to load using Canon DLLs" checked I get slashed
    red circles with green backgrounds.

    I have the latest plugins.exe installed.

    Does anyone else have this problem with Irfanview and 1D Mark II N raw
    files?

    Are there other freeware/shareware programs (with a free trial) that
    might work for me?

    Thanks!

    jc

    ~ Eileen Morgan of The Mare's Nest, PA