Problem with iexplore.exe

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Rita Erfurt, Jul 7, 2009.

  1. Rita Erfurt

    Rita Erfurt Guest

    Hallo,

    I have iexplore.exe twice in task-manager and one uses the half CPU.

    Thereby only one window is open with a blank site.
    If I open two windows, I become four iexplore.exe and CPU is working 100%.

    If I close the window, it doesn't disappear.

    What is it? And how I can solve this problem?

    Comodo Firewall Diagnose and Avira AntiVir don't find anything.

    Can somebody help me please?

    Viele Grüße

    Rita
    Rita Erfurt, Jul 7, 2009

  2. Hello,

    Try running IE with add-ons disabled

    *** If you are running IE6: ***
    Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced (tab) > UNCHECK "Enable
    third-party browser extensions" > OK

    Run IE6 now.

    If it works now, one of your add-ons is causing the problem. Start Internet
    Explorer as normal, Tools, Manage Add-ons, Enable or Disable Add-ons.

    Disable all the add-ons. Enable third-party browser extensions in Internet
    Options.

    Restart your browser and enable the add-ons one by one till the problem
    appears and you get the culprit.

    *** If you are running IE7 ***
    Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
    Internet Explorer 7 (No Add-ons) to start without any add-ons. Try using the
    browser and see if the same problem arises.

    If the problem does not occur again, start IE7 normally, go to Tools >
    Manage Add-ons and disable all the add-ons. Enable each add-on one at each
    time, restart and see if the problem occurs again. Once it occurs again
    after
    enabling an add-on, you have nailed the culprit.

    (if the menu bar does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard)

    You may also want to do a spyware scan by using the following programs
    (free)
    http://www.superantispyware.com/
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

    __
    Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service

    Singapore Computer Service, Jul 7, 2009

  3. Rita Erfurt

    Rita E Guest

    Tank you,

    the SUPERAntiSpyware Scan has helped me. I don't have problems now.

    SUPERAntiSpyware has deleted few Adware.Tracking Cookie.

    Are they dangerous? Should I reinstall my system?
    Rita E, Jul 8, 2009
  4. Hello,

    If SuperAntiSpyware deleted only adware tracking cookies, it is unlikely
    that the problem is resolved. Adware cookies are placed by ad serving
    servers to track the sites you visit and serve more relevant ads to you.

    They can only track you if the website uses their ad services. Some consider
    it as a privacy intrusion hence they are identified as 'adware tracking'
    cookie.

    __

    Singapore Computer Service, Jul 8, 2009