    Anyone could help me out.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Dan.

    Dan Dawson, Oct 18, 2003

  2. In article <tAfkb.4948$>,
    says...
    > Hello,
    >
    > When I open the internet explorer, a websit always pop up. I went and
    > changed the default page in the "Properties", but the default page
    > automatically changes back to that particular web site. It is too anoying. I
    > tried clearing the history and Temporary Internet Files.
    >
    > Anyone could help me out.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance.
    >
    > Dan.

    Sounds like Spyware. Go to: http://security.kolla.de/news.php?lang=en
    and download spybot. It's Free. Make sure to read the documentation.
    Hope this helps.

    Hill Street Blues, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Dan Dawson

    Dan Dawson Guest

    Thanks a Lot!

    It really works, and did things more than I expected. When I opened "My
    Compter", it was giving me an error and
    http://security.kolla.de/news.php?lang=en solved this problem too. It is
    well worth to donate some bucks and support these developers.

    Thanks again!!

    Dan.

    Dan Dawson, Oct 19, 2003
  4. Dan Dawson

    jonny bravo Guest

    Running Spybot and Ad Aware simultaneously is probably the best route...
    They work together very nicely...
    --
    Jonny Bravo
    Some Do, Some Don't, Some Will, Some Won't...I Might...

    ---

    jonny bravo, Oct 20, 2003
  5. you should also get a pop up blocker--I am using AdSubtract, and adaware.
    When I tried spybot S&D it crashed my system so I stopped using it.

    Contrary to what MS says--XP does not play well with some software.

    Ronnie Broyles, Oct 22, 2003
  6. Dan Dawson

    youngstr11 Guest

    Spybot works just fine on XP

    youngstr11, Oct 22, 2003
  7. Dan Dawson

    Dan Dawson Guest

    I have already downloaded AdAware, but I don't see a pop up blocker. Is it a
    special plug in? or do I have to get the Plus or Professional version of it?

    Dan Dawson, Oct 24, 2003