    Any one have some tips on what I need to adjust to fix this problem.

    Thanks

    Beet
    beetrootsalad, Apr 15, 2005

  2. beetrootsalad

    Rod Speed Guest

    beetrootsalad <> wrote in message
    news:MfV7e.12418$...

    > I have noticed recently that I often have to click on the link to a website
    > two or more time before it opens. The first few attempts give the stand
    > waring "The page cannot be displayed....."
    >
    > Along with this I am unable to open some links within sites. This is
    > usually where the site has additional information or forms to be completed
    > or demonstrations etc. The site starts to ope but then closes down. This
    > always happens for the links that it occurs with.
    >
    > Any one have some tips on what I need to adjust to fix this problem.

    Thats usually seen when the ISP is having problems.

    It can however also be due to your system, particularly with dialup.

    Can you try access from a different system using the same ISP ?
    Rod Speed, Apr 15, 2005

  3. beetrootsalad

    Clockmeister Guest

    > I have noticed recently that I often have to click on the link to a

    website
    > two or more time before it opens. The first few attempts give the stand
    > waring "The page cannot be displayed....."
    >
    > Along with this I am unable to open some links within sites. This is
    > usually where the site has additional information or forms to be completed
    > or demonstrations etc. The site starts to ope but then closes down. This
    > always happens for the links that it occurs with.
    >
    > Any one have some tips on what I need to adjust to fix this problem.

    Make sure you have the latest version of IE, are spyware and virus free and
    try clearing your cache.

    Regards,

    Clockmeister.
    Clockmeister, Apr 16, 2005
  4. beetrootsalad

    Brad Hogan Guest

    >I have noticed recently that I often have to click on the link to a website
    > two or more time before it opens. The first few attempts give the stand
    > waring "The page cannot be displayed....."
    >
    > Along with this I am unable to open some links within sites. This is
    > usually where the site has additional information or forms to be completed
    > or demonstrations etc. The site starts to ope but then closes down. This
    > always happens for the links that it occurs with.
    >
    > Any one have some tips on what I need to adjust to fix this problem.

    what version of internet explorer ?

    maybe you could update it. IE 5.5 sp2 and ie 6.0 sp1 seem to have less
    problems.

    Or you could use firefox, for even less problems, except for incompatible
    sites that require IE (which are few , but maybe banks..)

    Have you installed sun java ? www.sun.com "get java".
    Brad Hogan, Apr 16, 2005
  5. beetrootsalad

    BruceM Guest

    First suspect is your ISP. Which one is it?

    BruceM, Apr 16, 2005
  6. Brad Hogan wrote:

    > "beetrootsalad" <> wrote in message
    >>I have noticed recently that I often have to click on the link to a
    >>website
    >> two or more time before it opens. The first few attempts give the stand
    >> waring "The page cannot be displayed....."
    >>
    >> Along with this I am unable to open some links within sites. This is
    >> usually where the site has additional information or forms to be
    >> completed
    >> or demonstrations etc. The site starts to ope but then closes down.
    >> This always happens for the links that it occurs with.
    >>
    >> Any one have some tips on what I need to adjust to fix this problem.

    > what version of internet explorer ?
    >
    > maybe you could update it. IE 5.5 sp2 and ie 6.0 sp1 seem to have less
    > problems.
    >
    > Or you could use firefox, for even less problems, except for incompatible
    > sites that require IE (which are few , but maybe banks..)
    >

    > Have you installed sun java ? www.sun.com "get java".

    Never had a problem with Windows or linux with firefox...not even surfing
    microsnaughts web site...Even my online banking (which I would never do on
    a windows box) works flawlessly...

    Michael
    Michael J. Pelletier, Apr 16, 2005
  7. I have Bigpond ADSL. IE 6.0 SP2

    This problem has only occured recently (last couple of weeks).

    Thanks

    beetrootsalad, Apr 16, 2005
  8. "Brad Hogan" <> wrote in message

    > "beetrootsalad" <> wrote in message
    >>I have noticed recently that I often have to click on the link to a
    >>website
    >> two or more time before it opens. The first few attempts give the stand
    >> waring "The page cannot be displayed....."
    >>
    >> Along with this I am unable to open some links within sites. This is
    >> usually where the site has additional information or forms to be
    >> completed
    >> or demonstrations etc. The site starts to ope but then closes down.
    >> This
    >> always happens for the links that it occurs with.
    >>
    >> Any one have some tips on what I need to adjust to fix this problem.

    > what version of internet explorer ?
    >
    > maybe you could update it. IE 5.5 sp2 and ie 6.0 sp1 seem to have less
    > problems.
    >
    > Or you could use firefox, for even less problems, except for incompatible
    > sites that require IE (which are few , but maybe banks..)
    >

    > Have you installed sun java ? www.sun.com "get java".

    Yes. I have Java.

    beetrootsalad, Apr 16, 2005
  9. beetrootsalad

    Clockmeister Guest

    > "Brad Hogan" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "beetrootsalad" <> wrote in message
    > >>I have noticed recently that I often have to click on the link to a
    > >>website
    > >> two or more time before it opens. The first few attempts give the

    stand
    > >> waring "The page cannot be displayed....."
    > >>
    > >> Along with this I am unable to open some links within sites. This is
    > >> usually where the site has additional information or forms to be
    > >> completed
    > >> or demonstrations etc. The site starts to ope but then closes down.
    > >> This
    > >> always happens for the links that it occurs with.
    > >>
    > >> Any one have some tips on what I need to adjust to fix this problem.

    > > what version of internet explorer ?
    > >
    > > maybe you could update it. IE 5.5 sp2 and ie 6.0 sp1 seem to have less
    > > problems.
    > >
    > > Or you could use firefox, for even less problems, except for

    incompatible
    > > sites that require IE (which are few , but maybe banks..)
    > >

    > > Have you installed sun java ? www.sun.com "get java".

    > Yes. I have Java.

    Is your modem always on?

    If so, try powering it down for a minute or two to reset it and see if that
    makes a difference.

    Have you tried my other suggestions?
    Clockmeister, Apr 16, 2005
  10. beetrootsalad

    > I have Bigpond ADSL. IE 6.0 SP2

    > This problem has only occured recently (last couple of weeks).

    I'd assume its a bigpong problem until you confirm that its
    in your system by not getting that effect with a different PC.

    Rod Speed, Apr 16, 2005
  11. "Clockmeister" <> wrote in message

    > "beetrootsalad" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Brad Hogan" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "beetrootsalad" <> wrote in message

    > stand

    >> > what version of internet explorer ?
    >> >
    >> > maybe you could update it. IE 5.5 sp2 and ie 6.0 sp1 seem to have
    >> > less
    >> > problems.
    >> >
    >> > Or you could use firefox, for even less problems, except for

    > incompatible
    >> > sites that require IE (which are few , but maybe banks..)
    >> >

    >> > Have you installed sun java ? www.sun.com "get java".

    >> Yes. I have Java.
    >> >

    > Is your modem always on?
    >
    > If so, try powering it down for a minute or two to reset it and see if
    > that
    > makes a difference.
    >
    > Have you tried my other suggestions?

    Thanks. I turned all connections to Bigpond ADSL off and rebooted. Then
    reconnected to Bigpond. Problem solved.

    Thanks for taking the time for making suggestions.

    Beetrootsalad
    beetrootsalad, Apr 17, 2005
  12. beetrootsalad

    Clockmeister Guest

    > "Clockmeister" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "beetrootsalad" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Brad Hogan" <> wrote in message

    > > stand

    is

    > > incompatible

    > >> Yes. I have Java.
    > >> >

    > > Is your modem always on?
    > >
    > > If so, try powering it down for a minute or two to reset it and see if
    > > that
    > > makes a difference.
    > >
    > > Have you tried my other suggestions?
    > >

    > Thanks. I turned all connections to Bigpond ADSL off and rebooted. Then
    > reconnected to Bigpond. Problem solved.
    >
    > Thanks for taking the time for making suggestions.

    You're welcome.

    Regards,

    Clockmeister.
    Clockmeister, Apr 17, 2005
  13. beetrootsalad

    Brad Hogan Guest

    >I have noticed recently that I often have to click on the link to a website
    > two or more time before it opens. The first few attempts give the stand
    > waring "The page cannot be displayed....."
    >
    > Along with this I am unable to open some links within sites. This is
    > usually where the site has additional information or forms to be completed
    > or demonstrations etc. The site starts to ope but then closes down. This
    > always happens for the links that it occurs with.
    >
    > Any one have some tips on what I need to adjust to fix this problem.

    Try emptying the cache.

    Thats the solution for when you can only save pictures as bitmaps too !
    Brad Hogan, Apr 17, 2005