Problem with IE 7 32bit under XP 64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by CastlemaineGold, Jul 2, 2008.

  1. Hi

    I have a problem with IE7 32bit running on my XP64bit machine.
    The IE 64bit version works fine and I'd be happy just to stick to that,
    but I can't access the MS Update page using the 64bit version - it
    requires me to use the 32bit version.

    The problem is when you open IE7 32bit it seems to just hang. The
    interface opens as normal and the tab reports that is is connecting, but
    nothing happens. It also sends processor usage right up...as though it
    is doing something.

    Unfortunately, no matter how long you leave it nothing happens. You
    can't close the app either and I have to resort to killing the process
    manually.
    I have tried reinstall the application but this hasn't changed
    anything.

    Does anyone have any suggestions???
    Cheers

    CastlemaineGold
    CastlemaineGold's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52376
    View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=995071

    http://forums.techarena.in

    CastlemaineGold, Jul 2, 2008

  2. Try running IE without add-ons. Does the problem persist? If not track
    down the offending add-on.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 2, 2008

  3. CastlemaineGold, Jul 2, 2008
  4. CastlemaineGold

    Carl Guest

    Try the IE8 beta?

    Carl, Jul 2, 2008
  5. I wouldn't recommend that except on a test box or in a vm. Especially if
    SP1 is not yet installed.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 2, 2008
  6. CastlemaineGold, Jul 3, 2008