    earthlink.net!)

    How do I handle this? I would like to send my e-mail... which is currently
    impossible!
    Shirley Cassettari, May 28, 2006

  2. Shirley  Cassettari

    Sigmund F Guest

    "Shirley Cassettari" <MUNGED_THIS AIN'T EARTHLINK, THIS IS USENET>
    wrote in message news:tzneg.3$...
    > Mail is not being sent. When logging on, my password indicates
    > approximately 10 asterisks. MY password consists of SIX letters. ( I
    > repeatedly correct the password... to no avail!)
    >
    > Your explanation says "host 'smtpauth.earthlink.net' could not be found.
    > Please verify server name has been enetered correctly. " (My server is
    > earthlink.net!)
    >
    > How do I handle this? I would like to send my e-mail... which is
    > currently impossible!

    The password with more asterisks is a common security ISP measure,-
    to fudge someone guessing etc.
    How long has the problem being going?
    It is probably simply a case of the server being down.
    This is earthlinks support:
    http://support.earthlink.net/

    This is a pictorial for settings, which indicate that your settings
    are correct - smtpauth.earthlink.net is correct
    http://tinyurl.com/prma2

    Give it a few hours and it will probably be OK,
    If not then contact earthlink at the support link above.
    You have posted to usenet, and this NG is full of wankers
    and dopey manic fat birds from Missenden.
    Sigmund F, May 28, 2006

  3. Shirley  Cassettari

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 28 May 2006 20:17:29 GMT, "Shirley Cassettari"
    <> wrote:

    >Mail is not being sent. When logging on, my password indicates
    >approximately 10 asterisks. MY password consists of SIX letters. ( I
    >repeatedly correct the password... to no avail!)
    >
    >Your explanation says "host 'smtpauth.earthlink.net' could not be found.
    >Please verify server name has been enetered correctly. " (My server is
    >earthlink.net!)
    >
    >How do I handle this? I would like to send my e-mail... which is currently
    >impossible!

    Contact your ISP.

    Or, you could repost the same question every 5 minutes.
    Evan Platt, May 29, 2006
  4. On Mon, 29 May 2006 09:03:18 +0100, Evan Platt wrote
    (in article <>):

    > On Sun, 28 May 2006 20:17:29 GMT, "Shirley Cassettari"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Mail is not being sent. When logging on, my password indicates
    >> approximately 10 asterisks. MY password consists of SIX letters. ( I
    >> repeatedly correct the password... to no avail!)
    >>
    >> Your explanation says "host 'smtpauth.earthlink.net' could not be found.
    >> Please verify server name has been enetered correctly. " (My server is
    >> earthlink.net!)
    >>
    >> How do I handle this? I would like to send my e-mail... which is currently
    >> impossible!

    > Contact your ISP.
    >
    > Or, you could repost the same question every 5 minutes.

    <sigh> I think the OP is labouring under the misassumption that this *IS* her
    ISP...
    Sarah Balfour, May 30, 2006
  5. Shirley  Cassettari

    Jim Guest

    <sigh>
    What's the matter, is it a huge bother to read all those posts and and give
    poor advice and or shit on people?? Well then save yourself (and everyone on
    Usenet)another <sigh> and just shut the **** up already

    "Sarah Balfour" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 29 May 2006 09:03:18 +0100, Evan Platt wrote
    > (in article <>):
    >
    >> On Sun, 28 May 2006 20:17:29 GMT, "Shirley Cassettari"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Mail is not being sent. When logging on, my password indicates
    >>> approximately 10 asterisks. MY password consists of SIX letters. ( I
    >>> repeatedly correct the password... to no avail!)
    >>>
    >>> Your explanation says "host 'smtpauth.earthlink.net' could not be found.
    >>> Please verify server name has been enetered correctly. " (My server
    >>> is
    >>> earthlink.net!)
    >>>
    >>> How do I handle this? I would like to send my e-mail... which is
    >>> currently
    >>> impossible!

    Jim, May 30, 2006
  6. Shirley  Cassettari

    Plato Guest

    Shirley Cassettari wrote:

    > Mail is not being sent. When logging on, my password indicates
    > approximately 10 asterisks. MY password consists of SIX letters. ( I
    > repeatedly correct the password... to no avail!)

    The number of asterisks has NOTHING to do with the actual number of
    characters.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 1, 2006