    page from opening on my computer? Any help you can provide would be greatly
    appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.
    Tricia
    Tricia, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Tricia

    Kraftee Guest

    Tricia wrote:
    > Hi - I am a first time visitor to your newsgroup. I need some
    > help, please. I have had my home page set so that when I log on to
    > the internet, it opens to the Google website. However, a couple of
    > days ago, without changing my settings, my home page changed to
    > this website: object.passthison.com. I have no idea why this
    > happened, but I immediately changed my home page back to google.com
    > Since that time, something is causing my settings to consistently
    > change my home page to the object.passthison.com web site. Each
    > time I change it back. Any ideas why this is happening? I don't
    > even know what kind of web site this is because I immediately "X"
    > out of it & all the ads that accompany it when it opens. Is there
    > any way to block this web page from opening on my computer? Any
    > help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in
    > advance for your help.
    > Tricia

    You appear to have downloaded a little apps onto your machine, suggest
    you go to..

    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

    & download the latest version of their program Ad-aware, install that
    & then update it, then run it.

    It willmost probably find a few things it is not happy about & it
    normally is ok to get rid of them all.

    That should sort out your problem (be a little bit more careful on
    what you are clicking on next time)..

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....
    Kraftee, Sep 11, 2003

  3. Tricia

    Boomer Guest

    Tricia said:

    > Hi - I am a first time visitor to your newsgroup. I need some
    > help, please. I have had my home page set so that when I log on
    > to the internet, it opens to the Google website. However, a
    > couple of days ago, without changing my settings, my home page
    > changed to this website: object.passthison.com. I have no idea
    > why this happened, but I immediately changed my home page back
    > to google.com Since that time, something is causing my settings
    > to consistently change my home page to the object.passthison.com
    > web site. Each time I change it back. Any ideas why this is
    > happening? I don't even know what kind of web site this is
    > because I immediately "X" out of it & all the ads that accompany
    > it when it opens. Is there any way to block this web page from
    > opening on my computer? Any help you can provide would be
    > greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.
    > Tricia

    Hi

    You might want to serch for "homepage hijacking"

    Install, at least, the first three.
    Check for updates weekly and use often. :)

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
    security/privacy issues.
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Spyware Blaster

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Info on above and more.

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    --Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    --Other software--
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware
    Boomer, Sep 11, 2003
  4. Tricia

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer said:

    > Tricia said:
    >
    >> Hi - I am a first time visitor to your newsgroup. I need some
    >> help, please. I have had my home page set so that when I log on
    >> to the internet, it opens to the Google website. However, a
    >> couple of days ago, without changing my settings, my home page
    >> changed to this website: object.passthison.com.

    [snip]
    >> Tricia

    > Hi
    >
    > You might want to serch for "homepage hijacking"

    ^ ^ ^ search
    [snip]
    Boomer, Sep 11, 2003
  5. Tricia

    Tricia Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > Tricia said:
    >
    > > Hi - I am a first time visitor to your newsgroup. I need some
    > > help, please. I have had my home page set so that when I log on
    > > to the internet, it opens to the Google website. However, a
    > > couple of days ago, without changing my settings, my home page
    > > changed to this website: object.passthison.com. I have no idea
    > > why this happened, but I immediately changed my home page back
    > > to google.com Since that time, something is causing my settings
    > > to consistently change my home page to the object.passthison.com
    > > web site. Each time I change it back. Any ideas why this is
    > > happening? I don't even know what kind of web site this is
    > > because I immediately "X" out of it & all the ads that accompany
    > > it when it opens. Is there any way to block this web page from
    > > opening on my computer? Any help you can provide would be
    > > greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.
    > > Tricia

    > Hi
    >
    > You might want to serch for "homepage hijacking"
    >
    > Install, at least, the first three.
    > Check for updates weekly and use often. :)
    >
    > Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >
    > SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
    > security/privacy issues.
    > http://security.kolla.de/
    >
    > Spyware Blaster
    >
    > A-spy For trojans hiding in startup entries.
    > http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html
    >
    > Info on above and more.
    > http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/spyware.htm
    >
    > ~ Spyware Information ~
    > http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm
    >
    > --Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
    > http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/
    >
    > --Other software--
    > http://www.wilders.org/
    >
    > Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

    This information was very helpful. I've downloaded the first and will be
    sure to check out the others tomorrow. Since the download....no problems
    yet! Thank you very much!
    Tricia
    Tricia, Sep 12, 2003
  6. Tricia

    Tricia Guest

    "Kraftee" <> wrote in message
    > Tricia wrote:
    > > Hi - I am a first time visitor to your newsgroup. I need some
    > > help, please. I have had my home page set so that when I log on to
    > > the internet, it opens to the Google website. However, a couple of
    > > days ago, without changing my settings, my home page changed to
    > > this website: object.passthison.com. I have no idea why this
    > > happened, but I immediately changed my home page back to google.com
    > > Since that time, something is causing my settings to consistently
    > > change my home page to the object.passthison.com web site. Each
    > > time I change it back. Any ideas why this is happening? I don't
    > > even know what kind of web site this is because I immediately "X"
    > > out of it & all the ads that accompany it when it opens. Is there
    > > any way to block this web page from opening on my computer? Any
    > > help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in
    > > advance for your help.
    > > Tricia

    > You appear to have downloaded a little apps onto your machine, suggest
    > you go to..
    >
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
    >
    > & download the latest version of their program Ad-aware, install that
    > & then update it, then run it.
    >
    > It willmost probably find a few things it is not happy about & it
    > normally is ok to get rid of them all.
    >
    > That should sort out your problem (be a little bit more careful on
    > what you are clicking on next time)..
    >
    > --
    > B-)
    > Life is pain.....
    > Deal with it!!

    Thanks for your quick response. I did what you said and it seems to have
    fixed the problem! I really appreciate your help.
    Tricia
    Tricia, Sep 12, 2003
  7. Tricia

    Boomer Guest

    Tricia said:

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> Tricia said:
    >>
    >> > Hi - I am a first time visitor to your newsgroup. I need
    >> > some help, please. I have had my home page set so that when I
    >> > log on to the internet, it opens to the Google website.
    >> > However, a couple of days ago, without changing my settings,
    >> > my home page changed to this website: object.passthison.com.
    >> > I have no idea why this happened, [snip]

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> You might want to serch for "homepage hijacking"
    >>
    >> Install, at least, the first three.
    >> Check for updates weekly and use often. :)
    >>
    >> Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >>
    >> SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
    >> security/privacy issues.
    >> http://security.kolla.de/
    >>
    >> Spyware Blaster
    >> http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    [snip]
    >> Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

    > This information was very helpful. I've downloaded the first
    > and will be sure to check out the others tomorrow. Since the
    > download....no problems yet! Thank you very much!
    > Tricia

    You're welcome.
    Boomer, Sep 12, 2003