    Thanks

    GEORGE THURMAN

    ()
    George S Thurman, Feb 2, 2006

  2. George S Thurman

    Bill's News Guest

    George S Thurman wrote:
    > I just purchased a HAUPPAUGE USB Personal Video Recorder kit for use
    > on my computer. It works quite well, however I am a bit amazed and
    > disappointed with the TV scheduler (auto record) program that came
    > with it. The timer will not allow you start a recording at an odd
    > time, and will not allow you to record an event for an unusual
    > length
    > of time. In other words, you can't start a show to record at 3:59,
    > and record for 33 min. It will only let you start at 4:00, or 4:30,
    > and recording lengths must be in even increments of 30 min. Can
    > anyone recommend another "auto-timer" that would work with the
    > HAUPPAUGE WinTV PVR MODEL 941 without such restrictions?

    Agreed. It could have been better.

    Any timer program which can generate a command-line and call another
    program will suffice. If you'd care to try a VB6 program I wrote
    specifically for this task, I'll email it to you with complete source
    code. VB6 is doomed and when XP fades to dust in a year or two, we'll
    need another app, but in the mean time this is what I use for
    WinTV2000 capture.

    If you'd rather just know the cammand line switches, I can post those
    here.
    Bill's News, Feb 2, 2006