Problem with game crashing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Chris B, Aug 14, 2006.

  1. Chris B

    Chris B Guest

    Can someone help put me in the direction of diagnosing this problem.
    I use WinXP pro service pack 2.

    The system has been running fine till recently.
    No software or hardware changes.
    I have Antivirus and antispyware plus use a firewall.

    I am having game crashes playing World of Warcraft.
    This includes the computer turning off completely and a WinXP serious
    error recovery message.
    I have also has an svchost.exe memory error message.

    The crashes do not occur from other windows programs just WOW.
    I have tried reinstalling the game after a defrag and it still
    crashes.

    While im typing this im downloading a diagnostics disc to run on the
    memory and hard drive (mainly the hard drive).

    I swapped the memory over and still had the crashes but that is not
    saying the other memory was faulty so thought best to check.

    I have also swapped out the video card with the same result.

    I need another hard drive so I will copy my system to the new drive
    but in case this does not resolve it I thought the informed ppl of
    this group may be able to help.

    Many thanks

    Chris
    Chris B, Aug 14, 2006

  2. Chris B

    BP Guest

    war craft has issues with crashing did the same for me I started saving
    more often also tried DL patches nothing helped some times played for long
    time other time crashed quite quickly

    BP, Aug 14, 2006

  3. Well it seems after many diagnostics to see if hardware was the issues
    a full rebuild of XP solved it.
    Chris Bainton, Aug 16, 2006