problem with Flash and now problems installing Blocker

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Greg Farr, Feb 17, 2008.

  1. Greg Farr

    Greg Farr Guest

    I have been having crashes for months on Firefox 1.8 and saw the text
    here on a flash blocker, which I didn't know they had, but when I
    install it and try to test it, I get a plugin installion error. I
    have gotten that same kind of error many times before, just tring
    certain pages, but using the install or manual install does nothing
    for this old win98se. Heres where I was testing blocker and error
    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/authorwareonly.html

    When you see the Macromedia Authorware Web Player movie playing below
    the labeled box, then your installation was successful.

    But not even sure what to see her as there is a swoosh noise, and two
    boxs that briefly run something, but nothing I can decern as Hey you
    did a good job, it's installed and works. Please Help.

    Greg
    http://gregsplace.50megs.com
    http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1
    Greg Farr, Feb 17, 2008

  2. Greg Farr wrote:
    > I have been having crashes for months on Firefox 1.8 and saw the text
    > here on a flash blocker, which I didn't know they had, but when I
    > install it and try to test it, I get a plugin installion error. I
    > have gotten that same kind of error many times before, just tring
    > certain pages, but using the install or manual install does nothing
    > for this old win98se. Heres where I was testing blocker and error
    > http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/authorwareonly.html
    >
    > When you see the Macromedia Authorware Web Player movie playing below
    > the labeled box, then your installation was successful.
    >
    > But not even sure what to see her as there is a swoosh noise, and two
    > boxs that briefly run something, but nothing I can decern as Hey you
    > did a good job, it's installed and works. Please Help.
    >
    > Greg
    > http://gregsplace.50megs.com
    > http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1

    the problem is newer versions of flash don't work for win98.
    It might work a bit, but it will crash your system. The
    last version to work with win98 is 9.0.115.0.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 17, 2008