    check several times, but for some reason it still come out light and
    missing lines. Is there any way to do a manual cleaning some how to
    unclog the black ink cartridge area?

    Hoopster, Jan 21, 2006

  2. Hoopster

    old jon Guest

    "Hoopster" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have replaced the cartridge and did the head cleaning and nozzle
    > check several times, but for some reason it still come out light and
    > missing lines. Is there any way to do a manual cleaning some how to
    > unclog the black ink cartridge area?

    You can now get special cleaner cartridges for Epson.
    My daughter bought me a set for Xmas, for my CX3200.
    They are well worth having, `cos they dissolve the dried ink in the
    nozzles (caused by Not using the printer regularly).
    Just go www.google.co.uk and type in Epson cleaner cartridge.
    You`ll get some choices.

    --
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Jan 21, 2006

  3. Hoopster

    philo Guest

    Hoopster wrote:
    > I have replaced the cartridge and did the head cleaning and nozzle
    > check several times, but for some reason it still come out light and
    > missing lines. Is there any way to do a manual cleaning some how to
    > unclog the black ink cartridge area?

    although i do not have that model...
    i;ve got several epson printers...
    and i've (at times) had to run the cleaning utility up to 6 times to get
    it working right

    philo, Jan 21, 2006
  4. Hoopster

    old jon Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > Hoopster wrote:
    >> I have replaced the cartridge and did the head cleaning and nozzle
    >> check several times, but for some reason it still come out light and
    >> missing lines. Is there any way to do a manual cleaning some how to
    >> unclog the black ink cartridge area?

    > although i do not have that model...
    > i;ve got several epson printers...
    > and i've (at times) had to run the cleaning utility up to 6 times to get
    > it working right

    Uses a lot of ink that way philo. Better to go with the cleaner cartridges.

    --
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Jan 21, 2006
  5. Hoopster

    philo Guest

    old jon wrote:
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hoopster wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have replaced the cartridge and did the head cleaning and nozzle
    >>>check several times, but for some reason it still come out light and
    >>>missing lines. Is there any way to do a manual cleaning some how to
    >>>unclog the black ink cartridge area?

    >>although i do not have that model...
    >>i;ve got several epson printers...
    >>and i've (at times) had to run the cleaning utility up to 6 times to get
    >>it working right
    >>

    > Uses a lot of ink that way philo. Better to go with the cleaner cartridges.

    good idea
    i'll have to see if they are avail for the printers i have

    philo, Jan 21, 2006
  6. Hoopster

    Plato Guest

    Hoopster wrote:

    > I have replaced the cartridge and did the head cleaning and nozzle
    > check several times, but for some reason it still come out light and
    > missing lines. Is there any way to do a manual cleaning some how to
    > unclog the black ink cartridge area?

    I use qtips and alcohol. Works

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 22, 2006
  7. Hoopster

    Hoopster Guest

    Where do I put the alcohol at?

    Hoopster, Jan 23, 2006
  8. Hoopster

    samuel Guest

    Hoopster <> wrote in

    > Where do I put the alcohol at?

    > On 21 Jan 2006 20:44:03 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:
    >
    >>Hoopster wrote:

    >>> I have replaced the cartridge and did the head cleaning and
    >>> nozzle check several times, but for some reason it still
    >>> come out light and missing lines. Is there any way to do a
    >>> manual cleaning some how to unclog the black ink cartridge
    >>> area?

    >>I use qtips and alcohol. Works

    on the tip of the cotton swab

    samuel, Jan 23, 2006