    box opens and it says, "The Procedure entry point
    DdEntry12 could not be located in the dynamic link library
    DDRAW.dll"

    Mike, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Mike

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >When I try to play a game, it opens up but then a warning
    >box opens and it says, "The Procedure entry point
    >DdEntry12 could not be located in the dynamic link library
    >DDRAW.dll"

    'Cos it a'int there

    Kline Sphere, Nov 24, 2003

  3. Mike wrote:

    > When I try to play a game, it opens up but then a warning
    > box opens and it says, "The Procedure entry point
    > DdEntry12 could not be located in the dynamic link library
    > DDRAW.dll"

    Boy, did you ever post to the right newsgroup! Here's what you do:

    1. Add DDRAW.DLL to Component Services using MMC.
    2. Right-click each component inside DDRAW.DLL and set its minimum
    pooling property to 1, and the maximum to 4.
    3. Check the box entitled "Enable Object Construction" and copy the
    contents of your machine.config file into the text box below.
    4. Configure a machine role for that application using the Microsoft
    ..NET Framework Configuration Tool.

    Restart your computer and it should work! Thanks for working with .NET!

    General Protection Fault, Nov 24, 2003
  4. General Protection Fault wrote:
    > Mike wrote:
    >
    >> When I try to play a game, it opens up but then a warning
    >> box opens and it says, "The Procedure entry point
    >> DdEntry12 could not be located in the dynamic link library
    >> DDRAW.dll"

    > Boy, did you ever post to the right newsgroup! Here's what you do:
    >
    > 1. Add DDRAW.DLL to Component Services using MMC.
    > 2. Right-click each component inside DDRAW.DLL and set its minimum
    > pooling property to 1, and the maximum to 4.
    > 3. Check the box entitled "Enable Object Construction" and copy the
    > contents of your machine.config file into the text box below.
    > 4. Configure a machine role for that application using the Microsoft
    > .NET Framework Configuration Tool.
    >
    > Restart your computer and it should work! Thanks for working with
    > .NET!

    PotW

    --
    Fris "Who are you? {$1}" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Nov 24, 2003
  5. Mike

    Guest Guest

    Go to www.microsoft.com/downlaod and install the latest version of DirectX.

    Guest, Nov 24, 2003
  6. Mike

    Guest Guest

    LOL GPF now I see how you got your name

    Guest, Nov 25, 2003
  7. Mike

    Swizzlesticks

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Wow! the best and ONLY real answer I've found to this problem.
    Unfortunately, I'm not accustomed to working with MMC which makes me too dumb to use your solution without further instruction.
    I used your post as a guide and did some quick study work online - TGF google! And had my first encounter with Microsoft Control Consule. I created a new MMC, added component svcs to my MMC, but I am lost for how to add DDRAW to component svcs - I stopped at this point and did not save anything. So I still have the same error which is preventing me from playing my favorite game *pout*pout*

    Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
    Swizzlesticks, Feb 21, 2008