Problem with copying the WinCE applications under Win7 64Bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Le.Wang, Apr 14, 2011.

  1. Le.Wang

    Le.Wang Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I am a software developer. A few days ago I upgraded my windows system
    from XP to Win7 64bit. On the other side, we still have some devices
    which have WinCE 5.0 with .Net Compact Framework 2.0 installed. And I
    programed an applications for these devices with Visual Studio under
    XP.

    I usually compile this application on my PC and copy them to the
    device. Because this application is set to Compact .Net 2.0, there
    should be no problem to compile and execute it under different
    systems.

    Yesterday, I copied this application from our network server where I
    saved my data to my local PC which has Win7 installed, then I copied
    it from my local PC to the WinCE device. By executing this application
    on the device I got an error "This is not a WinCE supported
    application!". I did the same work under XP many times, and I have not
    got any errors before. Under Win7 I did nothing but copy-paste, so I
    think that Win7 changed something by itself.

    I tried it with another Win7 64 Bit computer and got the same error.
    Does someone have any idea for that?

    Because our customer could upgrade their systems to Win7 too, I
    really need a solution to make our old WinCE device application be
    transfered within the new Windows system. Is there a way to do it?

    Thanks a lot!

    Le
    Le.Wang, Apr 14, 2011