Problem with configuration

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by E. Konta, Oct 3, 2006.

  1. E. Konta

    E. Konta Guest

    Hello,

    First a bit of information on what we are using:
    Cisco Call manager 4
    7940 series telephones, These phones have two incoming lines that can
    be used.

    Now we have the following situation:
    Caller A has an active telephone call. On the same number(second line)
    she is getting an second incoming call(Caller C).

    Now we want to create the following situation:
    1. Caller A can hear that she is getting an second incoming
    call.(Fixed)
    2. Caller C can hear that caller A has an other line(e.g. busy tone)
    3. The phone of Caller A registers the phone call as an missed
    call(Fixed)

    Part 1 we already have created with changing the Ring Setting of Busy
    Station.
    Part 2 is the great mystery to us.
    Part 3. At this point this is already fixed.

    We want that Caller C can hear that Caller A has an active phone call.
    So that he can choose to wait: for Caller A to accept his phone call
    the Voicemail or
    decide to hang up.

    Preferably we want to use an other tone then the busy tone. If this
    isn't possible then the busy tone will do too.

    Is there anyone who has experience with this our knows an solution?

    Thanks in advance,
    E. Konta

    E. Konta, Oct 3, 2006