Problem with compressed (zipped) folder application

Discussion in 'Software' started by Barbara92021, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Barbara92021

Barbara92021 Guest

I installed and uninstalled different compression applications b/c some friends use different ones than the Windows XP compressed (zipped) folders application.
    I tried WinAmp, WinRar (?), Powarc. There could even be others that I tried. When I try Search, nothing comes up except the Windows XP one.

Now the problem I am having is that when I right click on a folder to zip it, I get the following message every time:

"For Compressed (zipped) Folders to handle ZIP files correctly, the application associated with them must be Compressed (zipped) Folders. Currently this is not the case. Do you want to designate Compressed (zipped) Folders as the application for handling ZIP files." Then a box for Yes or for No.

It doesn't matter which I choose of the Yes or No options, the folders still zip just fine.

I just want to get rid of this very annoying dialog box that continuously comes up!! I've tried Google searching the problem and I've also searched other forums but I've had no luck!! Can I get any help here?

Barbara92021, Nov 23, 2006
    1. Advertising