    Message in New Window" option.

    Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to correct this?

    Thanx in advance...

    C. Neal McGuire, Apr 9, 2005

  2. C. Neal McGuire

    ACT Guest

    C. Neal McGuire wrote:
    > I don't know if anyone else has encountered this problem. When I double
    > click on a new message in my Inbox, it opens up as a reply-to instead of
    > a read window. The only way currently that I can open and read my new
    > mail in the proper window is to right click my mouse and use the "Open
    > Message in New Window" option.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to correct this?
    >
    > Thanx in advance...

    View / Layout. Then place tick against Message Pane.
    Or, just press F8

    Is that the effect you want, or have I misunderstood?

    --
    Regards
    Chris

    ACT, Apr 9, 2005

  3. I apologize for not being more clear. When I double click on a new
    message in my Inbox, the mail automatically opens up in the compose mode
    like I was going to reply back to the sender. It only does this in the
    Inbox. Once stored in another folder, a double click on the message
    will open up the mail in the normal read window.

    C. Neal McGuire, Apr 9, 2005
  4. C. Neal McGuire

    Doug G Guest

    C. Neal McGuire wrote:

    > ACT wrote:
    >
    >> C. Neal McGuire wrote:
    >>
    >>> I don't know if anyone else has encountered this problem. When I
    >>> double click on a new message in my Inbox, it opens up as a
    >>> reply-to instead of a read window. The only way currently that
    >>> I can open and read my new mail in the proper window is to right
    >>> click my mouse and use the "Open Message in New Window" option.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to correct
    >>> this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanx in advance...
    >>>

    >> View / Layout. Then place tick against Message Pane. Or, just press
    >> F8
    >>
    >> Is that the effect you want, or have I misunderstood?
    >>

    > I apologize for not being more clear. When I double click on a new
    > message in my Inbox, the mail automatically opens up in the compose
    > mode like I was going to reply back to the sender. It only does this
    > in the Inbox. Once stored in another folder, a double click on the
    > message will open up the mail in the normal read window.

    Have you installed any extensions or themes?

    Doug G, Apr 9, 2005
  5. Doug,

    I have put extentions and themes on but, after reading your query I
    removed them to see if it would make a difference. There is no change.
    */~Neal/*

    C. Neal McGuire, Apr 10, 2005
  6. I would like to double click on a message in my Inbox and have it open
    up in a separate window like it does in Outlook and Outlook Express

    C. Neal McGuire, Jul 23, 2005
  7. C. Neal McGuire

    Danny Colyer Guest

    C. Neal McGuire wrote:
    > I would like to double click on a message in my Inbox and have it open
    > up in a separate window like it does in Outlook and Outlook Express

    Tools > Options > General

    On the right hand side (underneath 'General Settings' and to the right
    of 'Window Configuration') you should see 'Message Window Behaviour'.
    Select 'Open new messages in: A new message window'.

    Danny Colyer, Jul 23, 2005
  8. Thank you for responding. The frustrating part of my dilemma is that I
    have that setting already on and I still get the compose mode when I
    double click, NOT the message in a new window that I want.

    Is there some code that could be put into about.config or, some
    adjustment to the registry that could correct this?

    C. Neal McGuire, Jul 23, 2005