    Doan Guest

    Can anyone get to www.cisco.com today? They seem to be down.

    Doan

    Doan, Aug 8, 2007

  2. Doan

    Ben Guest

    I got on this morning but have not been able to all afternoon.

    Ben, Aug 8, 2007

  3. Doan

    Guest

    Doan wrote:
    > Can anyone get to www.cisco.com today? They seem to be down.

    It seems to be a big problem. If i access http://www.cisco.com i get:

    -----
    Forbidden

    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
    an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.0 Server at www.cisco.com Port 80

    ------

    Karsten

    , Aug 8, 2007
  4. It was down for me too (here in Calgary, Canada), but it is now back up
    as of 2:40pm MDT 08-Aug-2007
    (although, I still cannot get to the support forums...the main
    www.cisco.com seems to be up)

    Thomas Dzubin
    Saskatoon, Calgary, or Vancouver CANADA

    Thomas Dzubin, Aug 8, 2007
  5. Doan

    Scott Perry Guest

    The Cisco website appeared to be offline from about 19:15 UTC until 18:45pm
    UTC today, Wednesday August 8th, 2007.

    --

    ===========
    Scott Perry

    Scott Perry, Aug 8, 2007
  6. Doan

    Doan Guest

    On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Scott Perry wrote:

    > The Cisco website appeared to be offline from about 19:15 UTC until 18:45pm
    > UTC today, Wednesday August 8th, 2007.
    >
    > --
    >
    > ===========
    > Scott Perry
    > ===========
    > Indianapolis, Indiana

    Time travelled? ;-)

    Doan

    Doan, Aug 9, 2007
  7. Doan

    Doan Guest

    On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Thomas Dzubin wrote:

    > It was down for me too (here in Calgary, Canada), but it is now back up
    > as of 2:40pm MDT 08-Aug-2007
    > (although, I still cannot get to the support forums...the main
    > www.cisco.com seems to be up)
    >
    > Thomas Dzubin
    > Saskatoon, Calgary, or Vancouver CANADA

    What were the cause? Hackers? A bad GSR?

    Doan

    Doan, Aug 9, 2007
  8. Doan

    Scott Perry Guest

    "Doan" <> wrote in message
    > Time travelled? ;-)

    Keeping in mind that Usenet is global, I posted the times based on Greenwich
    meridian time. Okay, how about 3:15pm-4:45pm eastern daylight savings time?

    The original indication was an Apache webserver 403 forbidden error stating
    that the page could not be displayed. This is an error that is generated by
    the Apache webserver and could only be viewed if we had a connection across
    the Internet into that web server or load balanced web server group. After
    that there was no network response to the website IP address and a
    traceroute to www.cisco.com did not complete its trace into the cisco.com
    domain as it did after the company presence returned online.
    No matter the cause, there were more networking engineers at Cisco then
    there were posting to this Usenet newsgroup yesterday. I think that they
    got it under control.

    By the way, Cisco's stock prices went up during their outage.

    --

    ===========
    Scott Perry

    Scott Perry, Aug 9, 2007
  9. www.BradReese.Com, Aug 10, 2007
  10. Doan

    mandar Guest

    i have one problem . i have 10 pc my lan connection is ,ping ,ip
    addressing ,every thing is fin ,no error i event viewer ,but i can't
    access my administrative share , why? pl z send me
    solution .............* i have one router ,connected with two switches
    1switch has 7 pc other switch has 7 pc how many broad cast domain and
    how many collusion domain

    mandar, Aug 13, 2007