    work is to launch ZoomBrowser EX then goto the Process RAW image. I have
    tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but to no avail. Is there an update
    for this software or does anyone have a solution to this problem???

    Tim Rogers, Oct 2, 2005

  2. Tim Rogers

    jb Guest

    Tim Rogers wrote:
    > I have had my Canon 300d for over a year now and have been very pleased.
    > However, I have recently had a problem with the Canon File Viewer Utility
    > 1.3 software that came with the camera. When I try to launch it from my
    > desktop it appears briefly and then shuts down. The only way I can get it to
    > work is to launch ZoomBrowser EX then goto the Process RAW image. I have
    > tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but to no avail. Is there an update
    > for this software or does anyone have a solution to this problem???

    You might give Irfanview a try. Press 'T' to view thumbnails.

    It's freeware at http://www.irfanview.com/

    jb, Oct 3, 2005

  3. Tim Rogers

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Tim Rogers <> wrote:
    >I have had my Canon 300d for over a year now and have been very pleased.
    >However, I have recently had a problem with the Canon File Viewer Utility
    >1.3 software that came with the camera. When I try to launch it from my
    >desktop it appears briefly and then shuts down. The only way I can get it to
    >work is to launch ZoomBrowser EX then goto the Process RAW image. I have
    >tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but to no avail. Is there an update
    >for this software or does anyone have a solution to this problem???

    Yes, there is an update. Yes, you could have found it if you'd looked
    in the obvious place: www.canon.com.

    Yes, I'm going to be nice and point you to the specific web page:
    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=314&modelid=9430

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Oct 4, 2005
  4. Tim Rogers

    Tim Rogers Guest

    "Ray Fischer" <> wrote in message
    > Tim Rogers <> wrote:
    >>I have had my Canon 300d for over a year now and have been very pleased.
    >>However, I have recently had a problem with the Canon File Viewer Utility
    >>1.3 software that came with the camera. When I try to launch it from my
    >>desktop it appears briefly and then shuts down. The only way I can get it
    >>work is to launch ZoomBrowser EX then goto the Process RAW image. I have
    >>tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but to no avail. Is there an
    >>update
    >>for this software or does anyone have a solution to this problem???

    > Yes, there is an update. Yes, you could have found it if you'd looked
    > in the obvious place: www.canon.com.
    >
    > Yes, I'm going to be nice and point you to the specific web page:
    > http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=314&modelid=9430

    Had looked in the 'obvious' place on www.canon.co.uk but that download
    wasn't there on the uk site. However, have done the update from
    www.canon.com and it has updated but the problem still remains! At least I
    can get to it via ZoomBrowser EX

    Tim

    Tim Rogers, Oct 4, 2005