    ISO and shutter speed. In the auto mode set to sport it will still
    shoot multiple shots quite happlily. Can anyone tell me what I am
    doing wrong, please?
    derek, Mar 15, 2011

  2. > When I first started using my 450D in the creative mode on the
    > continous shooting setting I could take 3 shots in large + raw or 5 in
    > large only quality before the buffer was full. In lower quality
    > settings I could take many more. Now I can only take 2 shots in any
    > quality setting if I try to use the creative modes so that I can set
    > ISO and shutter speed. In the auto mode set to sport it will still
    > shoot multiple shots quite happlily. Can anyone tell me what I am
    > doing wrong, please?

    Battery age, Derek?

    David
    David J Taylor, Mar 15, 2011

  3. derek

    derek Guest

    On Mar 15, 4:27 pm, "David J Taylor" <david-
    > wrote:
    > > When I first started using my 450D in the creative mode on the
    > > continous shooting setting I could take 3 shots in large + raw or 5 in
    > > large only quality before the buffer was full.  In lower quality
    > > settings I could take many more. Now I can only take 2 shots in any
    > > quality setting if I try to use the creative modes so that I can set
    > > ISO and shutter speed.  In the auto mode set to sport it will still
    > > shoot multiple shots quite happlily. Can anyone tell me what I am
    > > doing wrong, please?

    > Battery age, Derek?
    >
    > David

    I don't think that it is the battery. The one in current use holds
    its charge very well and I have tried a second one. Results still the
    same. I have also tried different memory cards, so I am still at a
    loss to explain. I've tried once on Canon's web site but I'll try
    again.
    Derek
    derek, Mar 16, 2011
  4. "derek" <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 15, 4:27 pm, "David J Taylor" <david-
    > > wrote:
    >> > When I first started using my 450D in the creative mode on the
    >> > continous shooting setting I could take 3 shots in large + raw or 5
    >> > in
    >> > large only quality before the buffer was full. In lower quality
    >> > settings I could take many more. Now I can only take 2 shots in any
    >> > quality setting if I try to use the creative modes so that I can set
    >> > ISO and shutter speed. In the auto mode set to sport it will still
    >> > shoot multiple shots quite happlily. Can anyone tell me what I am
    >> > doing wrong, please?

    >> Battery age, Derek?
    >>
    >> David

    > I don't think that it is the battery. The one in current use holds
    > its charge very well and I have tried a second one. Results still the
    > same. I have also tried different memory cards, so I am still at a
    > loss to explain. I've tried once on Canon's web site but I'll try
    > again.
    > Derek

    I missed that it was still OK in other modes, Derek, when I posted, so I
    withdraw my battery suggestion. It almost sounds like half the memory has
    disappeared - could it be used by saved custom settings? But not /that/
    much memory!

    I hope that Canon will be able to resolve your problem.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Mar 16, 2011
  5. derek

    derek Guest

    On Mar 16, 10:23 am, "David J Taylor" <david-
    > wrote:
    > "derek" <> wrote in message

    > >> Battery age, Derek?

    > >> David

    > > I don't think that it is the battery.  The one in current use holds
    > > its charge very well and I have tried a second one.  Results still the
    > > same.  I have also tried different memory cards, so I am still at a
    > > loss to explain. I've tried once on Canon's web site but I'll try
    > > again.
    > > Derek

    > I missed that it was still OK in other modes, Derek, when I posted, so I
    > withdraw my battery suggestion.  It almost sounds like half the memory has
    > disappeared - could it be used by saved custom settings?  But not /that/
    > much memory!
    >
    > I hope that Canon will be able to resolve your problem.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David- Hide quoted text -

    Yes, they did. Took a bit of searching on their site though. I had
    "High ISO Noise Reduction" selected. The extra time needed to process
    this was causing the problem. Can't find a warning about this in the
    EOS 450D manual.
    Derek
    derek, Mar 16, 2011
  6. > Yes, they did. Took a bit of searching on their site though. I had
    > "High ISO Noise Reduction" selected. The extra time needed to process
    > this was causing the problem. Can't find a warning about this in the
    > EOS 450D manual.
    > Derek

    Obvious now they say! Glad that's resolved. Must remember that one in
    case I do something similar.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Mar 16, 2011
  7. derek

    otter Guest

    On Mar 16, 5:33 am, derek <> wrote:

    > Yes, they did.  Took a bit of searching on their site though.  I had
    > "High ISO Noise Reduction" selected.  The extra time needed to process
    > this was causing the problem.  Can't find a warning about this in the
    > EOS 450D manual.
    > Derek

    Not even "the maximum burst for continuous shoot will greatly
    decrease" on page 155?
    otter, Mar 16, 2011
  8. derek

    derek Guest

    On Mar 16, 2:52 pm, otter <> wrote:
    > On Mar 16, 5:33 am, derek <> wrote:
    >

    > > Yes, they did.  Took a bit of searching on their site though.  I had
    > > "High ISO Noise Reduction" selected.  The extra time needed to process
    > > this was causing the problem.  Can't find a warning about this in the
    > > EOS 450D manual.
    > > Derek

    > Not even "the maximum burst for continuous shoot will greatly
    > decrease" on page 155?

    Yes, I missed that one because I was looking at pages for Continuous
    Shoot, not High ISO !
    derek, Mar 17, 2011