    with Cyberlink or Main concept mpeg encoder I get a message saying 'no
    video data found'. As I said, the films play ok and the ones that are
    in the same folder in mpeg form are ok too. What could the problem be?
    Sam, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Sam

    Secret S Guest

    "Sam" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm using win xp, for some reason my avi files that I'm trying to put
    > onto dvd aren't working properly. The films play fine with divx player
    > and I copied a couple of films onto dvd yesterday using Cyberlink
    > Power Producer with no problems. today if I try to convert the files
    > with Cyberlink or Main concept mpeg encoder I get a message saying 'no
    > video data found'. As I said, the films play ok and the ones that are
    > in the same folder in mpeg form are ok too. What could the problem be?

    An AVI file covers a very wide range of standards. AVI's could be DivX,
    Mpeg, Quicktime files, etc. They will all show up in windows as AVI. Chances
    are that these files are in a format where you don't have the correct codecs
    for them.

    You need to install the correct codecs. You can get advice about all the
    different codecs from: http://www.jmcgowan.com/avi.html

    **SS**
    Secret S, Oct 28, 2004