    My Motherboard after boot sometime connect me to the internet in no
    time and some time I simple don't get link (as can be indicated by my
    router led) for quite some time.
    Berty, May 20, 2005

  2. Berty

    S.Heenan Guest

    Berty wrote:
    > Did anyone experience problem with ASUS Motherboard Builtin 10/100
    > NIC's ?
    >
    > My Motherboard after boot sometime connect me to the internet in no
    > time and some time I simple don't get link (as can be indicated by my
    > router led) for quite some time.

    Which motherboard, NIC, and router ? xDSL, cable, or ?

    Have you tried bypassing the router ?
    S.Heenan, May 20, 2005

  3. Berty

    Berty Guest

    The motherboard I use is P4E Deluxe.
    I pretty much sure the onboard Intel NIC is the problem since when I
    put a NIC card and use it instead of the onboard all work perfectly ok.
    I didn't seem to find any update for the NIC but maybe I miss
    something and someone already experience and have solution for this.
    The router for what is matter is Netgear SuperG type Connected to Cable.
    Berty, May 23, 2005
  4. "Berty" <> wrote in message
    > The motherboard I use is P4E Deluxe.
    > I pretty much sure the onboard Intel NIC is the problem since when I
    > put a NIC card and use it instead of the onboard all work perfectly ok.
    > I didn't seem to find any update for the NIC but maybe I miss
    > something and someone already experience and have solution for this.
    > The router for what is matter is Netgear SuperG type Connected to Cable.

    Well go get yourself another NIC 3Com, Linksys, Netgear or whatever a
    standalone NIC and put it into the machine and disable the other NIC on the
    motherboard via the O/S and go on about your business. What? A NIC cost
    about $20 US.

    Duane :)
    Hate K-CSC Duane ;-\), May 23, 2005