    on it, it makes the proper changes to the registry and
    works fine. Any advice as to what I can do? Thanks a lot.

    -Drew Carter

    Drew, Dec 18, 2003

  2. "Drew" <> wrote in message
    news:09ef01c3c59b$fbe09cb0$...
    > Hi. My IT staff is in the process of transforming a 600
    > node peer-to-peer network to a server 2003 AD
    > environment. One of the GPO options I have decided upon
    > is a set background for the login screen with our logo and
    > directons on how to log into the domain (Press CTL-ALT-
    > Delete, make sure domain is set to..... etc.) I wrote the
    > script in VBScript and it works great on the Windows 2000
    > machines. When they start up, the script is run, and the
    > next time the login screen comes up they have the
    > background. The script, however, does not work on XP
    > machines when executed through group policy. Nothing
    > happens--it's as if I don't have the policy set at all.
    > If I simply execute the vbscript file by double clicking
    > on it, it makes the proper changes to the registry and
    > works fine. Any advice as to what I can do? Thanks a lot.
    >
    > -Drew Carter

    Is the VBScript the only thing in the policy that is not executing? I ask
    this because the problem may be with the GPO and not necessarily executing
    the VBScript on XP. Try adding something else to the policy other than a
    VBScript and see if it gets executed. If not, research why your policy isn't
    being implemented.

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Drew

    Drew Guest

    This is a strange one. If I have a script of "test.reg",
    I will get a popup asking me whether I want to apply the
    changes or not on the XP machines. Additionally, all
    other settings in the GPO are applying correctly.

    Again, the script described previously does work on all
    2000 machines, and it does not work on any XP machines
    when set as a startup script. But if I execute the script
    by double clicking it, it does run properly on XP (but
    that's not how I want to run it). Thanks a lot.

    -Drew Carter

    confers no rights.
    >You assume all risk for your use. Not responsible for

    your inability to
    >understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the

    imaginary gnomes

    Drew, Dec 18, 2003