    locate "winipcfg" file but came up empty. Cannot find
    anything on Microsoft website to fix problem. Any
    suggestions?

    Guest, Jan 18, 2005

  2. Guest

    Malke Guest

    wrote:

    > Being told by Belkin that my system lacks network files
    > needed to install a wireless network between two home
    > PC's. The router recognizes the signal from the cable
    > modem but the PC does not receive signal from router.
    > Works fine when cable hooked directly into PC. The older
    > PC running on Windows 98SE. Service tech had me try to
    > locate "winipcfg" file but came up empty. Cannot find
    > anything on Microsoft website to fix problem. Any
    > suggestions?

    Make sure you have installed Dial Up Networking. It sounds
    counter-intuitive, but you need this to do any kind of networking in
    Win98. Install it from the additional Windows components in Add/Remove
    Programs.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Jan 18, 2005

  3. Guest

    Ed Guest

    Thank you Malke. Tried your suggestion and things seem
    to be working fine. Ed

    Ed, Jan 19, 2005
  4. Guest

    Malke Guest

    Ed wrote:

    > Thank you Malke. Tried your suggestion and things seem
    > to be working fine. Ed

    Excellent! I'm glad you got it fixed and I appreciate your letting me
    know.

    Malke

    Malke, Jan 21, 2005