Problem w/ DLink WBR-1310. Wireless VS Wired.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by dennispublic@hotmail.com, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Description of a new problem I am having:

    - I have a new D-Link wireless router (WBR-1310)

    - I have two WinXP PCs plugged directly into the router (it has 4
    ethernet slots + wireless).

    - I have a Pocket PC (UTStarCom 6700 PPC) running Windows Mobile 5.0 w/
    wireless

    Whenever the Pocket PC comes on the network via wireless, it often
    disconnects the other two PCs. Specifically: it disconnects only DNS
    for the two PCs (meaning: downloads and torrents will continue, you are
    not fully disconnected, but web http access is no longer possible. When
    you open the browser and go to www.google.com or whatever it will say
    "Connecting to site 72.14.207.14" and then just stop there).

    Clues: All 3 computers are set for dynamic IP's, and nothing is wrong
    with the way the router's DHCP is assigning IP's, they arent
    conflicting, etc. When these "black outs" happen, I can still access
    all 3 computers on the LAN, but I cant access the router via
    192.168.0.1 like I normally can, downloads continue, but I cant access
    any websites.

    I know DLink sucks, but by chance, does anyone recognize this specific
    problem?

    Thanks
    , Aug 22, 2006