    memory card which leads me to believe that it'S my system that's the
    problem.Can anyone offer advice? I have already tried the Microsoft, Samsung
    and SanDik sites to no avail.

    Daniela Pagnotta, Nov 5, 2004

  2. "Daniela Pagnotta" <> wrote in message news:<fyQid.27694$>...
    > I bought a Samsung Digimax 300 and had no trouble downloading my pictures
    > with Windows XP. I used the software provided and as soon as I connected
    > the camera to my PC I saw all my pictures.
    > I then added a memory card SanDisk 256Mb and now when I connect the camera
    > I see an empty removable storage device. All the pictures on the memory card
    > do not appear but if I remove the memory card the pictures in the camera are
    > fine. When I return to the store they can easily access the photos on the
    > memory card which leads me to believe that it'S my system that's the
    > problem.Can anyone offer advice? I have already tried the Microsoft, Samsung
    > and SanDik sites to no avail.

    I'm not specifically familiar with the Samsung camera, but it sounds
    like many that have both an internal memory and a flash card memory.
    There may be a little obscure command in the Samsung software to
    select between the two memory sources.

    I wouldn't worry about it. I'd stop using the internal memory and only
    use the flash card. Buy an inexpensive reader (if your computer does
    not already have a card reader). Using card readers is so nice and
    easy that internal memory does not have much use anymore. One nice
    feature is that they don't need any software- your computer will
    automatically recognize them when they are plugged in, and just loook
    like another disk drive.

    If you DO learn how to switch between internal and flash memory in
    your camera software, you can recover the pictures already there, and
    use the camera memory as an emergency storage, in case you fill your
    card and don't have another handy.

    Don Stauffer in Minneapolis, Nov 6, 2004

  3. Daniela Pagnotta

    Dave Cohen Guest

    I got my son a low level samsung a while back. When you plug in an external
    card, the camera uses that. To access internal memory, remove the cf card.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Nov 6, 2004