    I'm running a registered windows XP - 64 bit (SP1) and I can't download SP2
    upgrade. When I go to the download center and click to upgrade there is no
    option for SP2. What do I need to do?
    =?Utf-8?B?RG9u?=, Feb 7, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RG9u?=

    Rick Guest

    That's because the SP2 you're trying to download and install is for
    32-bit Win XP ONLY!

    There is NO SP2 for Win x64!!!

    Rick, Feb 7, 2006

  3. SP2 is not supported under Windows XP Professional x64 SP1 which is based on
    the Windows Server 2003 SP1 code base and includes all the security
    technologies from XP SP2. So, no need for SP2.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 7, 2006