Problem: Unable to use SCHEDULED TASKS folder

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by hwr, Sep 18, 2004.

  1. hwr

    hwr Guest

    My TASK SCHEDULER is not working. If I open MY COMPUTER, the folder shows
    as being there, but won't open. I have run System File Checker and it found
    no problem (It did find three corrupted Windows files and seven other
    corrupters files that had apparently been placed by other programs, as
    weren't on the WINDOWS disc..seemed related to other installed programs).

    I then had a brainstorm. Go into EXPLORER, rename "Scheduled Tasks"
    "Scheduled Tasks.OLD" and make a new folder "Scheduled Tasks". But that
    brainstorm came to a screeching halt, when found that Explorer didn't allow
    a way to make a new folder in MY COMPUTER.

    So the problem, in a nutshell, is that I can't open the SCHEDULED TASKS
    folder, so can't schedule anything (as automatic Norton updates).

    I would appreciate it if you would send a copy of any reply to
    , as I am not always at a computer where I can access
    this forum.Thanks.

    Thanks for any help, and

    Sincerely,

    hwr