    "Veni, vidi, velcro...
    I came, I saw, I stuck around"

    My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

    Matthew Poole, Nov 4, 2004

  2. (Matthew Poole) wrote in news:cme1dv$9q5$:

    > So my question is, is there a way around this? Has anyone successfully
    > forwarded ICQ off a NAT'd network through a tunnel to a remote server?

    ICQ does need a complex configuration. So you have to setup a SOCKS5 proxy
    instead of a single port forward.

    Try the newest PuTTY version with a dynamic tunnel by using a SOCKS5 proxy.
    I think this may be the easiest configuration (needs only ICQ and PuTTY) to
    get it running through all NAT firewalls with at least one open TCP port.

    --
    cu
    o.pfeiffer

    ICQ# 84320006
    eMail
    TECHNOLOGIE - ZENTRUM INFORMATIK / UNIVERSITAET BREMEN / GERMANY

    Oliver Pfeiffer, Nov 23, 2004