    the software. I installed the printer dock to the computer with the
    proper cable, so what could be wrong?

    Diane M

    Diane M, Jul 16, 2004

  2. What operating systerm do you use? Win 98?

    Go to www.kodak.com and get the latest version of the software and check for
    patches, etc.

    Cathy De Viney, Jul 16, 2004

  3. Diane

    a couple of things:

    First, what OS? What EasyShare version? That'll help us debug this

    Step1: when you push the button on the dock, if the DRIVER software is
    working properly, you should see a small box in the lower right hand corner
    that announces the camera has been plugged in. Do you see that? If not,
    try this: Turn off the camera, take the USB cable from the PD and plug it
    into the camera, turn the camera back on. Does it work now?

    Step2: Once you've passed getting the driver working, if the MOUNTER
    software is working properly, you should see the camera show up as a drive
    in "My computer" in Windows. Does it? If not, are your running a
    "selective startup" and have disabled the Kodak digital camera mounter
    software (in previous versions it was called DCFSSVC (DC File System
    Service)

    Step 3: if both of the above are working, is EasyShare running in the "Tray"
    (the list of stuff in the task bar at the bottom of the screen you should
    see a Kodak icon somewhere to the left of the clock) If it's there and
    things didn't automatically transfer, can you right click on that logo and
    select "transfer now" and tell me what happens?

    It's likelly that either the driver is not working properly or the moutner
    is not working properly. We've seen VERY few times when those are running
    and the ES Software doesn't pick up the plug event and do it's thing.

    If

    William Jackson, Jul 16, 2004
  4. Diane M

    Mike Marsh Guest

    I'm having the same/similar problem.
    While in mid-transfer, I get the error message "easyshare.exe has generated
    errors..." Like Diane, I've installed, un-installed, re-installed numerous times,
    all with the latest version (3.4) downloaded from the Kodak website.
    This is for the boss' daughter, so there's no getting around this one for me...

    Anyone have any ideas?

    system = Win2k sp4 - all current updates installed, 2.6 P4, 512mb.

    Mike Marsh, Jul 16, 2004
  5. Diane M

    stewy Guest

    "Diane M" <> wrote in message
    > I have a new Kodak 6440 with a printer dock. It prints fine, but I
    > can't transfer the pictures to my computer using the dock. The green
    > light flashes, which means it's transferring, but my computer doesn't
    > recognize the process. I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled
    > the software. I installed the printer dock to the computer with the
    > proper cable, so what could be wrong?

    If the transfer device is USB2 and your PC is only USB1, this could be the
    problem.

    Go into My Computer and open up the 'Removable Drive' icon and see what's
    happening.

    If you're using a Mac with OSX, iPhoto may be capturing them.

    stewy, Jul 17, 2004