Problem to work with WPA and my 3Com card

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by fram069, Oct 6, 2004.

  1. fram069

    fram069 Guest

    Problem to work with WPA and my 3Com card

    Hello to all,

    I have the following card connected on my laptop : 3Com OfficeConnect
    PC Card model 3CRWE62092B and I'm trying to install a WPA wireless
    networks but, in the "wireless network properties" window, I cannot
    choose "WPA" in the Network Authentication field. Thus it's not
    possible to continue the installation.

    Did somebody had already the same problem? Is there a patch from 3Com
    to install?

    PS : the Windows XP patch KB826942 is already installed.
    PS2 : I tried with an another card (3CRSHPW196) but it doesn't work
    too.

    Many thanks in advance for your help.

    Francois M. FASBENDER
    fram069, Oct 6, 2004

  2. "fram069" <> wrote in message
    > Problem to work with WPA and my 3Com card
    >
    > Hello to all,
    >
    > I have the following card connected on my laptop : 3Com OfficeConnect
    > PC Card model 3CRWE62092B and I'm trying to install a WPA wireless
    > networks but, in the "wireless network properties" window, I cannot
    > choose "WPA" in the Network Authentication field. Thus it's not
    > possible to continue the installation.
    >
    > Did somebody had already the same problem? Is there a patch from 3Com
    > to install?
    >
    > PS : the Windows XP patch KB826942 is already installed.
    > PS2 : I tried with an another card (3CRSHPW196) but it doesn't work
    > too.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance for your help.

    I had exactly the same problem with my 3com card (different model to yours)
    until I updated the drivers from the 3com website. Not sure if you've got
    the latest driver versions for your card but here is a list of all the
    drivers and docs on the 3com website that relate to your model
    http://tinyurl.com/5hn78 Check the driver version dates against the ones
    you've got installed and see if that turns something up for you. HTH.

    Rachael
    Rachael the Wiccan Rat, Oct 7, 2004

  3. fram069

    Bill Guest

    I am having the same problems when trying to use WPA. I
    cant choose WPA in the netowrk authentication field.

    I also see that many others have posted networking
    problems related to installation of SP2. Any solutions?
    I can connect in an unsecure mode but when I enable WEP I
    cannot connect.

    Bill

    Bill, Oct 8, 2004